• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Questions on Accommodation, distances etc

tony downey

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances
I Have just finished the French way and was amazed at the ease of finding a place to sleep. the distances between places to rest were relatively short and the ease of it all made it such a pleasure, No advanced booking needed and no definite time to stop walking. Places to eat and rink along the route were also great and in the whole time we never needed to leave the trail.

I have some questions for those who are happy to share their experiences.

Date of Travel May, a few days away. I am fortunate enough to have time to add this on to my camino walk from SJPDP

From Le Puy is the route as well marked as the main Frances way

In terms of accommodation, are they frequent, do they need booking, do you have to stick to strict daily miles to fit in with a bed.

Is accommodation on track or do you have to walk far.

Iam looking to split between cheap and hotels

Any advice appreciated

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
You can see distances here:
http://www.godesalco.com/plan/podense

Accommodations are not as frequent as on the Camino Frances; for specifics on lodging, buy a Miam Miam Dodo.

Most of the pilgrims are French, and they reserve ahead. Therefore, you need to do so as well if it is at all busy.

There is a mix of cheap and hotels, leaning toward the cheap except in cities.

Bon chemin.

Yes the Le Puy route is very well marked (as the GR65), follow the white/red markings. Its even marked with a white/red cross if you go the wrong way.

As Falcon said get a Miam Miam Dodo for accommodation, it is invaluable!

Bon Chemin!
Davey

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Walked last September...very well marked. Plenty of places to stay. Get the Miam Miam Do Do. It is written in French, but easy to figure out. We just had the tourist office or host/hostess call ahead for our next night. We did a lot of the half board; bed, dinner and breakfast (bread and coffee, sometimes yogurt), and they like to know in advance if you are coming so they prepare enough dinner. Plenty on non French along the way as well. Beautiful route and if you can take the Cele River route after Figeac.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello - I am planning to walk about the first half of the Via Podiensis next month, May 2024. I will start from Le Puy and walk for 16 days. I am flying into Paris and would like to purchase a sim...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back