• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Quick afternoon trip to Faro de Fisterra

Solomonk

Time of past OR future Camino
Norte (Sept 2018)
Hola, about to arrive in Santiago soon by CamNor and have only one afternoon to visit the end of the world lighthouse Faro de Finsterre. Any tour services that do just that or should I get a private car? I don't think I have time for a bus as I want to attend the noon mass before I go.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hola, about to arrive in Santiago soon by CamNor and have only one afternoon to visit the end of the world lighthouse Faro de Finsterre. Any tour services that do just that or should I get a private car? I don't think I have time for a bus as I want to attend the noon mass before I go.
Will you be back to walk any other Camino?
If yes then I would wait for that time and walk from SdC to Fisterra.

Otherwise someone else will chime in with some idea.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Last June we went to Finisterre by taxi, it cost 90 Euros, we shared between 4 of us, so it worked out well - faster and cheaper than by bus.

Our Albergue advertised a tour on the notice board yesterday for I think 20€ to Finisterre. First day walking to Finisterre today!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Uber is everywhere

Not to be pedantic, but Uber doesn’t appear to be in Santiago. I’ve used Uber in other cities in Europe and find it to be a great option, when available.
F138960E-E203-4352-B80B-5AACB8D4B2A9.jpeg

Not to be pedantic, but Uber doesn’t appear to be in Santiago. I’ve used Uber in other cities in Europe and find it to be a great option, when available.
View attachment 46996
You are correct according to a quick look at the Uber site but I would swear I saw their logo on some cars when I was there last summer. My bad.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
@biarritzdon It's quite possible that they had it then, I know there has been a lot of talk/action in Spain against these types of services in order to support the local taxi companies. I was really excited at the thought of Uber in Santiago since I'm always having to get a car because places I want to go (off camino) are inevitably just far enough that I need a car, but then most of the time I'm just in the center, so Uber would be perfect. Well, I'll keep an eye out next time I'm there!

Most read last week in this forum

My husband and I would like to spend a night in Muxia after walking to Santiago but don’t have time to walk there. Rome to Rio says there’s busses twice daily, but if you go to the Monbus website...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back