A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

The big map o the Caminos de Santiago

Quick, go now!

Kiwi-family

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Past: (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)-Frances, Baztan, San Salvador, Primitivo, Fisterra,VdlP, Madrid
Ever since I booked my flights I’ve been telling myself I get to go to Spain when spring arrives.
Today I drove across town and thought I’d better pack - spring is here in all its stunning vivid glory.
B454AA43-C783-439F-8E48-426EDB118F72.jpeg

But apparently I still have to wait another 42 days!

lissie45

Camino(s) past & future
Planning to walk Frances 2019
Hmmm no sign of spring in Wellington - though it was quite a nice day - where are you - must be far north!

Kiwi-family

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Past: (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)-Frances, Baztan, San Salvador, Primitivo, Fisterra,VdlP, Madrid
Auckland. Last week we noticed some trees in Henderson shimmering green, but today's Mt Eden display was stunning. None of our fruit trees are budding yet.
@VNwalking it certainly feels early! But to be totally honest, it was still crispy cold (for us).

Last edited:

Anamiri

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances
Ever since I booked my flights I’ve been telling myself I get to go to Spain when spring arrives.
Today I drove across town and thought I’d better pack - spring is here in all its stunning vivid glory.
View attachment 45263

But apparently I still have to wait another 42 days!
Yes two warm days in a row, snowdrops and little lambs, spring is around the corner in Auckland. But I have to wait until next year, in the meantime I'm working to pay for my next trip to Spain.

Carol06

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (May 2012)
Frances (May 2015) all going well and with my husband this time.
Lucky you. Going again. Buen Camino.

Peter Barker

My dream is to do the long walk.
Camino(s) past & future
In the future is my plan. Hopefully sooner than later.
It was hailing in Melbourne, Australia on Saturday, spring would be lovely. OMG, I pack a month before I travel anywhere. I say pack as it's fun getting excited about it.

Kiwi-family

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Took my pack for a wee outing at the weekend - love feeling it on my back.

696430AC-BFF6-44EA-B39C-1A320AC239AB.jpeg 9C41DF40-118A-4D0E-9820-95B041F41DA6.jpeg 985F0D06-B483-4E8B-A919-C4068D1CD987.jpeg And filled it up to 8.6kg at the supermarket this morning - definitely too heavy for 19km!

@Peter Barker packing only takes me ten minutes because I know exactly what I like to take now.

Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
St Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Oh!! My favorite go-to weekend walk, once upon a time!!! Thank you for posting these gorgeous pics, @Kiwi-family. It's grand to see the tussock and the snow on Ngaruhoe. (Now I am TOTALLY homesick - but at the same time happy you got to go, and on such a beautiful day.)

You'll be plenty fit for that Camino if that's what you're up to, that's for sure.

Kanga

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Francés x 5, Le Puy x 2, Arles, Tours, Norte, Madrid, Via de la Plata.
This year our spring school holidays don't finish until mid October. Is it too late to go then? Will I or won't I? I've already been on one long camino this year! Next year a new grand-baby and I'm engaged to babysit while Mum works part time - so a trip o/s is unlikely.

I know what this forum's response will be!

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016). Seville-Astorga (Mar 2017). Mozarabe (Apr-May 2018)
"Next year a new grand-baby" means you should go this year in October!

What route is next on your list?

Kanga

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Francés x 5, Le Puy x 2, Arles, Tours, Norte, Madrid, Via de la Plata.
A survey would close down the choices. I should start my own thread, I don't want to hijack Rachael's any further.

And thank you @Kiwi-family for the beautiful photos. I can feel your anticipation.

Kiwi-family

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
@VNwalking ignoring the fact that we have to drive 5 hours to get there, I think I might join you in calling this my favourite weekend walk....Tongariro Crossing would be a close second (but Tama Lakes is easier so it wins on a lazy day!)
@Kanga of course YES. Wouldn’t it be fun to meet on the Salvador?!

Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
HermanTheGerman Miscellaneous Topics 7

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 11 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 35 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 114 14.5%
  • May

Votes: 192 24.4%