• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Quick, go now!

Kiwi-family

{Rachael, the Mama of the family}
Time of past OR future Camino
walking every day for the rest of my life
Ever since I booked my flights I’ve been telling myself I get to go to Spain when spring arrives.
Today I drove across town and thought I’d better pack - spring is here in all its stunning vivid glory.
B454AA43-C783-439F-8E48-426EDB118F72.jpeg

But apparently I still have to wait another 42 days!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hmmm no sign of spring in Wellington - though it was quite a nice day - where are you - must be far north!

Auckland. Last week we noticed some trees in Henderson shimmering green, but today's Mt Eden display was stunning. None of our fruit trees are budding yet.
@VNwalking it certainly feels early! But to be totally honest, it was still crispy cold (for us).

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Ever since I booked my flights I’ve been telling myself I get to go to Spain when spring arrives.
Today I drove across town and thought I’d better pack - spring is here in all its stunning vivid glory.
View attachment 45263

But apparently I still have to wait another 42 days!
Yes two warm days in a row, snowdrops and little lambs, spring is around the corner in Auckland. But I have to wait until next year, in the meantime I'm working to pay for my next trip to Spain.

Lucky you. Going again. Buen Camino.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
It was hailing in Melbourne, Australia on Saturday, spring would be lovely. OMG, I pack a month before I travel anywhere. I say pack as it's fun getting excited about it.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Took my pack for a wee outing at the weekend - love feeling it on my back.

696430AC-BFF6-44EA-B39C-1A320AC239AB.jpeg9C41DF40-118A-4D0E-9820-95B041F41DA6.jpeg985F0D06-B483-4E8B-A919-C4068D1CD987.jpegAnd filled it up to 8.6kg at the supermarket this morning - definitely too heavy for 19km!

@Peter Barker packing only takes me ten minutes because I know exactly what I like to take now.

Oh!! My favorite go-to weekend walk, once upon a time!!! Thank you for posting these gorgeous pics, @Kiwi-family. It's grand to see the tussock and the snow on Ngaruhoe. (Now I am TOTALLY homesick - but at the same time happy you got to go, and on such a beautiful day.)

You'll be plenty fit for that Camino if that's what you're up to, that's for sure.

This year our spring school holidays don't finish until mid October. Is it too late to go then? Will I or won't I? I've already been on one long camino this year! Next year a new grand-baby and I'm engaged to babysit while Mum works part time - so a trip o/s is unlikely.

I know what this forum's response will be!

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
A survey would close down the choices. I should start my own thread, I don't want to hijack Rachael's any further.

And thank you @Kiwi-family for the beautiful photos. I can feel your anticipation.

@VNwalking ignoring the fact that we have to drive 5 hours to get there, I think I might join you in calling this my favourite weekend walk....Tongariro Crossing would be a close second (but Tama Lakes is easier so it wins on a lazy day!)
@Kanga of course YES. Wouldn’t it be fun to meet on the Salvador?!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Next year a new grand-baby and I'm engaged to babysit while Mum works part time - so a trip o/s is unlikely.

Duh! Do one this October then bring the grand baby with you next year!!
You have to train him/her up so when you are too hold they will carry your pack or push your chair. ................planning ahead.

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
What are your favorite restaurants, bars, hotels, inns, etc on the Camino Frances NOT in albergues please? Gracias.
Yes, pardon me. So I've just read this cool article about the closing of the Puerta del Perdón in the Monastery of Santo Toribio for the holy year (and it is a very beautiful peurta for sure). It...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back