• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Quick Question about weather and clothing

AFB_CF_2018

Time of past OR future Camino
Newbie. Walking CN June/July 2018. ❤️
Hi folks,

I’ve been reading a researching quite a bit and am down to final stages of preparing and packing before my June trip. I’ll be leaving mid June from San Sebastián on the Norte finishing end of July. I’ll be slow walking and enjoying the scenery.

I have a rain poncho and am wondering how much warm weather tops to bring. I’m a larger woman, and I live in San Francisco, so I’m accustomed to and okay with chillier weather (50-60F/10-15C). I’m planning to bring 2-3 short sleeved shirts and one long sleeved UV (rash guard) shirt for swimming or when I get cold. Does that seem like enough, in terms of layers? Currently my pack is running around 14-15 lbs (6.8kg) which feels doable.

I’m asking more about average temps and should I bring two long sleeved T-shirt’s and lose one short sleeved. I’m also asking because being larger in body size means it’s not as easy to pop into a store in a small town in Spain and buy another layer if I find I need it. And having said all that, I know it’s all subjective. Looking for thoughts....

Gracias!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I just walked El Norte starting Feb 28th from Irun, lots of rain and chilly. I wore one 1 long sleeve 100gm merino top (thin) almost every day and a merino t-shirt over it in the mornings plus my wind/rain jacket. I’d take off the t-shirt if too warm. My 3rd top was a very light weight merino short sleeve for sleeping. So you should not need more than 1 very light long sleeve plus your short sleeve ones.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.