Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets

Quiet hotel in Porto?

Renascer

Year of past OR future Camino
Hi everyone, i need advice about a simple quiet Hotel to rest well and stay in Porto for one night. Thank you

Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Anamya

Keeping it simple
Frances (2015)
Portugues (2017)
Lebaniego (2019)
In 2018 I stayed at the Moov Hotel Porto. It's a 2 star, easy walking distance from the Cathedral and central Porto. Clean, comfy, decent breakfast. It's used to Pilgrims but doesn't have a stamp. You'll find more details on Booking.com if you want to check it out. Enjoy, Porto is delightful.

I also stayed in the Moov hotel and enjoyed it a lot. We stayed in Porto for 3 days before starting the camino, it was such an amazing place to visit!

Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.

Kanga

Staff member
Francés x 5, Le Puy x 2, Arles, Tours, Norte, Madrid, Via de la Plata, Portuguese, Primitivo
We stayed in an renovated apartment in the old Jewish quarter - called the Extendall. It was luxurious and a bit quirky.

Faye Walker

Veteran Member
CF 2014, CF 2018, CP 2019 from Coimbra
The Pau Acucar “Bumper Car Museum” hotel in the centre of town, close to the train station and many attractions is quite comfortable, modestly priced, with nice rooms, good breakfast offerings and the most *peculiar* collection of mid 20th C carnival bumper cars on display on each floor.
I’d go back again. It was quiet, and the staff were friendly, helpful and accommodating.

Felicia V

Camino Portuguese 2017 Porto to SdC
Return to Camino Portuguese 2018 Tui To SdC
I stayed at Yours Guesthouse, near Cathedral and Sao Bento train station. If you’re lucky you can catch their monthly Fado performance.
comfortable, quiet and clean. Stayed there at beginning and end of our Camino trip

Renascer

I stayed at Yours Guesthouse, near Cathedral and Sao Bento train station. If you’re lucky you can catch their monthly Fado performance.
comfortable, quiet and clean. Stayed there at beginning and end of our Camino trip
That would be fun, a fado performance! Is it inside the hotel during the day?

Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.
John Brierley Camino Frances Guide
This guide is one of the ones that has been around for over 15 years. Updated yearly. Please read the reviews.

Pilgrim Patricia

Want to do the VdlP again!
Via de la Plata; Hospitalera Miraz 2011
I second @Faye Walker and also recommend the Pao de Acucar ("sugar loaf") hotel. https://paodeacucarhotel.pt/ Some of their rooms have direct access to a terrace, from which you can see the clock tower of the city hall. It is definitely well-located, with quirky, fun decor. I stayed there on my very first trip to Portugal in 1984 and have stayed again many times.

Michelle G Daoust

Camino Frances, SJPP to Santiago (2014)
Caminho Portuguese, Lisbon to Santiago (2017)
Poets Inn, in the heart of Porto. Clean, kitchen area, fantastic people, “located 30 seconds from "Torre dos Clérigos", Porto ex-Librium and Lello bookshop, the most beautiful in the world, 2 minutes from the metro, the bus and train station (São Bento), 2 minutes from Aliados, our "living-room" to welcome all the travelers.

Renascer

Poets Inn, in the heart of Porto. Clean, kitchen area, fantastic people, “located 30 seconds from "Torre dos Clérigos", Porto ex-Librium and Lello bookshop, the most beautiful in the world, 2 minutes from the metro, the bus and train station (São Bento), 2 minutes from Aliados, our "living-room" to welcome all the travelers.
Is there a hostel with the same name too?

Felicia V

Camino Portuguese 2017 Porto to SdC
Return to Camino Portuguese 2018 Tui To SdC
That would be fun, a fado performance! Is it inside the hotel during the day?
The small hotel is also a restaurant. The Fado performance was held monthly during dinner service. A delight and a beautiful intro to Portugal. The food is excellent too

Sheila Kenny

C. Frances (2002), (2012), (2013) C. Portuguese (2015)
Hi everyone, i need advice about a simple quiet Hotel to rest well and stay in Porto for one night. Thank you

I also stayed at 'Pau d'Azucar', (bread and sugar) and enjoyed the experience. Be sure to check out their cosy little bar and visit the glass display cases housing memorabilia, on the various floors. Be warned that one night in Porto is not enough!

how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.

Pilgrim9

SJPdP-SdC (2017)
SdC-Muxia-Fisterra-SdC (2017)
Lisboa-SdC (2018)
Ferrol-SdC (2018)

Renascer

@NeiaBrazil here is a Google Maps "list" of bars, restaurants and accommodation in Porto that has previously been recommended by forum contributors.

I haven't been to any of them myself but all are recommended by someone.

Thank you Doug! I just opened that is cool and practical! Awesome. Do you happen to have one for Lisbon too? 😊

Owensr23

Clérigos Ville Porto Rooms are next to Torre dos Clérigos in the heart of Porto. We had one private room with bath in a four bedroom apartment. Great rating on Booking.

99% of Porto is down hill from here. Cable cars run right outside. Great food across street and dozens of restaurants with in a couple blocks.

We stayed two nights before our walk.

Renascer

Clérigos Ville Porto Rooms are next to Torre dos Clérigos in the heart of Porto. We had one private room with bath in a four bedroom apartment. Great rating on Booking.

99% of Porto is down hill from here. Cable cars run right outside. Great food across street and dozens of restaurants with in a couple blocks.

We stayed two nights before our walk.
Sounds very interesting. Thank you

Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.

Owensr23

Sounds very interesting. Thank you
When we were in Porto there was a car rally race and the course ran under our window. There was an ESPN camera by the Torre dos Clérigos and it pointed at our window. Races were done by 5pm each day, but it made it a challenge to walk around. Lots of extra excitement and lots of special deals at bars and cafes for race day. Even though it was fun for a day, we loved walking out of town for the coast.

DSCN2384.jpg 20180518_195414.jpg 20180518_113822_001.jpg

Grousedoctor

We’ve stayed twice at The Poet’s Inn. Meets your requirement of “quiet.” Centrally located, charming rooms, a nice continental breakfast included. Trying a new place in August, The Passenger Hostel at the train station. Can’t speak to its quietness yet, but I love the location. Bom Caminho!

Faye Walker

Veteran Member
CF 2014, CF 2018, CP 2019 from Coimbra
We’ve stayed twice at The Poet’s Inn. Meets your requirement of “quiet.” Centrally located, charming rooms, a nice continental breakfast included. Trying a new place in August, The Passenger Hostel at the train station. Can’t speak to its quietness yet, but I love the location. Bom Caminho!
Oh! do let us know... I've seen the photos and I am *dying* to stay there!

John Brierley Camino Frances Guide
This guide is one of the ones that has been around for over 15 years. Updated yearly. Please read the reviews.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads