• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Quiet hotel in Porto?

Renascer

Time of past OR future Camino
Hi everyone, i need advice about a simple quiet Hotel to rest well and stay in Porto for one night. Thank you

A selection of Camino Jewellery
In 2018 I stayed at the Moov Hotel Porto. It's a 2 star, easy walking distance from the Cathedral and central Porto. Clean, comfy, decent breakfast. It's used to Pilgrims but doesn't have a stamp. You'll find more details on Booking.com if you want to check it out. Enjoy, Porto is delightful.

Hotel Grande de Paris. Magnificent buffet breakfast. No idea if it is open these days.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
In 2018 I stayed at the Moov Hotel Porto. It's a 2 star, easy walking distance from the Cathedral and central Porto. Clean, comfy, decent breakfast. It's used to Pilgrims but doesn't have a stamp. You'll find more details on Booking.com if you want to check it out. Enjoy, Porto is delightful.

I also stayed in the Moov hotel and enjoyed it a lot. We stayed in Porto for 3 days before starting the camino, it was such an amazing place to visit!

We stayed in an renovated apartment in the old Jewish quarter - called the Extendall. It was luxurious and a bit quirky.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The Pau Acucar “Bumper Car Museum” hotel in the centre of town, close to the train station and many attractions is quite comfortable, modestly priced, with nice rooms, good breakfast offerings and the most *peculiar* collection of mid 20th C carnival bumper cars on display on each floor.
I’d go back again. It was quiet, and the staff were friendly, helpful and accommodating.

I stayed at Yours Guesthouse, near Cathedral and Sao Bento train station. If you’re lucky you can catch their monthly Fado performance.
comfortable, quiet and clean. Stayed there at beginning and end of our Camino trip

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I stayed at Yours Guesthouse, near Cathedral and Sao Bento train station. If you’re lucky you can catch their monthly Fado performance.
comfortable, quiet and clean. Stayed there at beginning and end of our Camino trip
That would be fun, a fado performance! Is it inside the hotel during the day?

I second @Faye Walker and also recommend the Pao de Acucar ("sugar loaf") hotel. https://paodeacucarhotel.pt/ Some of their rooms have direct access to a terrace, from which you can see the clock tower of the city hall. It is definitely well-located, with quirky, fun decor. I stayed there on my very first trip to Portugal in 1984 and have stayed again many times.

Poets Inn, in the heart of Porto. Clean, kitchen area, fantastic people, “located 30 seconds from "Torre dos Clérigos", Porto ex-Librium and Lello bookshop, the most beautiful in the world, 2 minutes from the metro, the bus and train station (São Bento), 2 minutes from Aliados, our "living-room" to welcome all the travelers.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Poets Inn, in the heart of Porto. Clean, kitchen area, fantastic people, “located 30 seconds from "Torre dos Clérigos", Porto ex-Librium and Lello bookshop, the most beautiful in the world, 2 minutes from the metro, the bus and train station (São Bento), 2 minutes from Aliados, our "living-room" to welcome all the travelers.
Is there a hostel with the same name too?

That would be fun, a fado performance! Is it inside the hotel during the day?
The small hotel is also a restaurant. The Fado performance was held monthly during dinner service. A delight and a beautiful intro to Portugal. The food is excellent too

Hi everyone, i need advice about a simple quiet Hotel to rest well and stay in Porto for one night. Thank you

I also stayed at 'Pau d'Azucar', (bread and sugar) and enjoyed the experience. Be sure to check out their cosy little bar and visit the glass display cases housing memorabilia, on the various floors. Be warned that one night in Porto is not enough!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
@NeiaBrazil here is a Google Maps "list" of bars, restaurants and accommodation in Porto that has previously been recommended by forum contributors.

I haven't been to any of them myself but all are recommended by someone.

@NeiaBrazil here is a Google Maps "list" of bars, restaurants and accommodation in Porto that has previously been recommended by forum contributors.

I haven't been to any of them myself but all are recommended by someone.

Thank you Doug! I just opened that is cool and practical! Awesome. Do you happen to have one for Lisbon too? 😊

Clérigos Ville Porto Rooms are next to Torre dos Clérigos in the heart of Porto. We had one private room with bath in a four bedroom apartment. Great rating on Booking.

99% of Porto is down hill from here. Cable cars run right outside. Great food across street and dozens of restaurants with in a couple blocks.

We stayed two nights before our walk.

Clérigos Ville Porto Rooms are next to Torre dos Clérigos in the heart of Porto. We had one private room with bath in a four bedroom apartment. Great rating on Booking.

99% of Porto is down hill from here. Cable cars run right outside. Great food across street and dozens of restaurants with in a couple blocks.

We stayed two nights before our walk.
Sounds very interesting. Thank you

Sounds very interesting. Thank you
When we were in Porto there was a car rally race and the course ran under our window. There was an ESPN camera by the Torre dos Clérigos and it pointed at our window. Races were done by 5pm each day, but it made it a challenge to walk around. Lots of extra excitement and lots of special deals at bars and cafes for race day. Even though it was fun for a day, we loved walking out of town for the coast.

DSCN2384.jpg20180518_195414.jpg20180518_113822_001.jpg

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
We’ve stayed twice at The Poet’s Inn. Meets your requirement of “quiet.” Centrally located, charming rooms, a nice continental breakfast included. Trying a new place in August, The Passenger Hostel at the train station. Can’t speak to its quietness yet, but I love the location. Bom Caminho!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
We’ve stayed twice at The Poet’s Inn. Meets your requirement of “quiet.” Centrally located, charming rooms, a nice continental breakfast included. Trying a new place in August, The Passenger Hostel at the train station. Can’t speak to its quietness yet, but I love the location. Bom Caminho!
Oh! do let us know... I've seen the photos and I am *dying* to stay there!

First of all, let me say how impressed I was by Porto's beauty. I've traveled the world, and with my hand on my heart, I can say that Porto is one of the most appealing cities in the world. The views there are breathtaking, the food is luscious, and the people are simply amazing. Regarding the hotel, I would recommend either Torel Avantgarde or Mercure. They're both good, but the latter is a bit more expensive. To be fair, all the nearby hotels are pretty good, so there's plenty to choose from. Have fun in Porto! You're gonna love it!

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Another vote for Moov Centro, we emailed the hotel directly portocentro@moov.com and got a better rate and quick response. And it’s a short walk to Rua Formosa, where you can get Patas de Nata fresh out of the oven!
Don’t ask for “ patas de nata” they could misunderstand you but pasteís de nata if you want more than one or if you only want one “ pastel de nata.

Agreed, found Poets really a nice stop.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.