• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Quiet in Santiago

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
I had a look at the webcams in Santiago about an hour ago and it was very quiet in the squares and the cathedral was practically empty.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
"Only" 350 pilgrims at the Pilgrim Office for the first shift, less than one per minute. Eighteen pilgrims walked past the albergue in O Cebreiro in a three-minute time span at about 1230.

It is funny how these "bubbles" occur but keep in mind the way the system works is that when pilgrims are at the desk their data goes directly into the system - usually when pilgrims are filling in the form with their age, departure point and so on whoeever is dealing with them will be simultaneously entering it - hence the running total in the day. But in addition especially at very busy times (and with some very large groups) the data is captured on paper and entered some time later when there are people available to do that. It need not be the same day :)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Posting on another travel forum this morning and gave links to the webcams..There where queues to get into the Cathedral at 10am local time. So it seems all hit and miss as to weather you find a large group or not. Maybe this time there was cruise ship docked in Vigo!

Hi, all,
I walked into Santiago yesterday, arriving around 12:30 or 1:00 pm, and there was no line at the Pilgrims´Office. Well, if you call four people a line, there was a line. Santiago seemed much less crowded than I have seen on other Caminos, but you're right, there are probablyl "bubbles" of pilgrims, and I am lucky enough to be outside of the bubble.

When I told the person at the desk that I was a friend of Johnnie´s, I got a big smile and a hug -- John, you are one well-loved peregrino!

Laurie

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

Does anyone know a good shop I SDC where they have local cheeses, hams and other delicacies to take home?
The Galicia Rail pass is available to anyone who completes the Camino and is awarded the completion certificate. It allows for 3 days of train travel and also discounts to other places you may...
Has anybody recently volunteered at the Pilgrim office for the 15 day timeframe? Where did you stay in Santiago?
For those who are in Santiago 🙏🏻

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.