• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Quinta da Burra- A special place a few days out of Lisbon

shefollowsshells

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Several alone and with children
My daughters and I have been home now for more than two months on a trip that started at the South/West tip of Portugal on the Rota Vicentina (thanks to this board and all of the wonderful advice and help from others)...and took us up to Santiago.
We were just talking about one of our favorite places to stay and I think I have yet to share anything on the forum since home...
This spot has a wonderful owner named Paula, we fell in love with her the second we arrived!
Its called Quinta da Burra and I would highly recommend it as a memorable place to lay your head, and be spoiled with great food, conversation etc... If you appreciate anything artisan this place is for you!

We hear this story every once awhile, but she bought this home not knowing it was on the Camino. One night very very late with an awful storm outside a stranger came a knockin'...
The same thing happened again within the next few weeks...
Pilgrims of course...
The rest is a lovely place for us to stay....

Here is my blog entry of the day.
and the day before with Maria Rita who works for the church was just another wonderful day...
and the next day in Santarem with the wonderful host...
I'm realizing everyday was so special and great...

http://shefollowsshells.blogspot.com/2018_04_08_archive.html

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back