Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop

Quote feature not working??

trecile

Camino Addict
Past OR future Camino
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)
@ivar - The last few days I haven't been able to use the quote/multi-quote feature on the forum.

I will select several quotes, but when I click on "insert quotes" nothing happens. I have tried different browsers on both my phone and PC - Chrome, Firefox, and even Microsoft Edge, and I have the same problem with all of them.

Camino walkers love this gripping, intriguing, mystery with history novel.
Pilgrim Pouch carry bags with different designs
A lightweight carry bag handy for walking, biking, traveling, & Caminos

alexwalker

Forever Pilgrim
Past OR future Camino
(2009): Camino Frances
(2011): Sevilla-Salamanca, VdlP
(2012): Salamanca-SdC, VdlP
(2014): SJpdP-Astorga
(2015): Astorga-SdC
(2016) May Pamplona-Moratinos; Sept.:Burgos-SdC
(2016): August/Sept: Camino San Olav (Burgos-Covarubbias), Burgos-Sarria
(2017): May: Portuguese; Sept: Pamplona-SdC
The quote feature works perfectly - Multi-quoute I have never tried.

Kathar1na

Past OR future Camino
To Santiago and back (roads & paths; Tours; Francés; sea; roads & paths)
@ivar - The last few days I haven't been able to use the quote/multi-quote feature on the forum.

I will select several quotes, but when I click on "insert quotes" nothing happens. I have tried different browsers on both my phone and PC - Chrome, Firefox, and even Microsoft Edge, and I have the same problem with all of them.
I've noted the same: I select some text in a post, click on +Quote which then changes to -Quote as expected but when I then click on "Insert Quotes... in my reply window, nothing happens. MacOS, Safari.

Obviously, it is possible to quote a whole post but that is not the problem here.

C clearly

Staff member
Past OR future Camino
Most years since 2012. Hoping now for 2022.
Yes, the "Insert quotes" feature doesn't work. You can use "Reply" (and then edit it down if you want) but that only allows you to quote from a single post.

Apparently this happened in a recent software update. Hopefully it will be repaired by the software developer in the next update.

trecile

Camino Addict
Past OR future Camino
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)
Yes, the "Insert quotes" feature doesn't work. You can use "Reply" (and then edit it down if you want) but that only allows you to quote from a single post.

Apparently this happened in a recent software update. Hopefully it will be repaired by the software developer in the next update.
Thanks. I thought that it was just me!

Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
I learned something new today re: multi quotes which (if it's working) would be much simpler than what I've been doing to quote multiple messages!! It is possible to use another way to quote from multiple messages

I hit "reply" for each post I want to quote. The posts stack up in my reply box, then in each post I edit out what I don't want to quote , space between each post and write my responses.

trecile

Camino Addict
Past OR future Camino
I learned something new today re: multi quotes which (if it's working) would be much simpler than what I've been doing to quote multiple messages!! It is possible to use another way to quote from multiple messages

I hit "reply" for each post I want to quote. The posts stack up in my reply box, then in each post I edit out what I don't want to quote , space between each post and write my responses.
Yes, the multi-quote (when it's up and running again) is fantastic. You simply highlight what you want to quote and you get a pop-up with the choice to quote or reply.

Screenshot_20210917-164437_Firefox.jpg
Then under the reply box you will see the "insert quotes" button. You can rearrange the order or eliminate quotes that you don't want to use.

Screenshot_20210917-164554_Firefox.jpg

I'm looking forward to its return.

C clearly

Staff member
Past OR future Camino
Most years since 2012. Hoping now for 2022.

I learned something new from you! I didn't know that you can stack up more than one "reply."

Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

OzAnnie

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino

I ended up doing the ‘reply’ thing too - then editing out the stuff I didn’t want to ‘quote’.

I haven’t checked today to see if it’s been fixed. / edit : just re read your post c clearly. It appears it will be corrected in next software update. Thankyou.
I like using the ‘insert quotes’ especially with the multi quotes.

lt56ny

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino

I thought it was just me but it I have had this problem too. Discovered it first when I wanted to quote you. It is true. Thanks for bringing this up and hope it is fixed soon.

chinacat

Veteran Member
When I ‘select’ part of a post and click on ‘quote’, I get that yellow thing going across the top … I‘ve always assumed it’s some sort of site-updating ‘alert’.

I don’t get as far as seeing the Quote box.

I gave up and just copied the section I wanted.
This was on a PM, I assume it’s the same as for a post.

Camino walkers love this gripping, intriguing, mystery with history novel.
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop

trecile

Camino Addict
Past OR future Camino
Thanks for pointing it out! I had a LOT of quotes in the queue. Have you noticed that now you can drag quotes around to change the order?
I also had to delete a lot of quotes in my queue.
It was possible before to rearrange the quotes.

Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads