• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Quote feature not working??

trecile

Staff member
Time of past OR future Camino
Francés, Norte, Salvador, Primitivo, Portuguese
@ivar - The last few days I haven't been able to use the quote/multi-quote feature on the forum.

I will select several quotes, but when I click on "insert quotes" nothing happens. I have tried different browsers on both my phone and PC - Chrome, Firefox, and even Microsoft Edge, and I have the same problem with all of them.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
@ivar - The last few days I haven't been able to use the quote/multi-quote feature on the forum.

I will select several quotes, but when I click on "insert quotes" nothing happens. I have tried different browsers on both my phone and PC - Chrome, Firefox, and even Microsoft Edge, and I have the same problem with all of them.
I've noted the same: I select some text in a post, click on +Quote which then changes to -Quote as expected but when I then click on "Insert Quotes... in my reply window, nothing happens. MacOS, Safari.

Obviously, it is possible to quote a whole post but that is not the problem here.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Yes, the "Insert quotes" feature doesn't work. You can use "Reply" (and then edit it down if you want) but that only allows you to quote from a single post.

Apparently this happened in a recent software update. Hopefully it will be repaired by the software developer in the next update.

Yes, the "Insert quotes" feature doesn't work. You can use "Reply" (and then edit it down if you want) but that only allows you to quote from a single post.

Apparently this happened in a recent software update. Hopefully it will be repaired by the software developer in the next update.
Thanks. I thought that it was just me!

I learned something new today re: multi quotes which (if it's working) would be much simpler than what I've been doing to quote multiple messages!! It is possible to use another way to quote from multiple messages

I hit "reply" for each post I want to quote. The posts stack up in my reply box, then in each post I edit out what I don't want to quote , space between each post and write my responses.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I learned something new today re: multi quotes which (if it's working) would be much simpler than what I've been doing to quote multiple messages!! It is possible to use another way to quote from multiple messages

I hit "reply" for each post I want to quote. The posts stack up in my reply box, then in each post I edit out what I don't want to quote , space between each post and write my responses.
Yes, the multi-quote (when it's up and running again) is fantastic. You simply highlight what you want to quote and you get a pop-up with the choice to quote or reply.

Screenshot_20210917-164437_Firefox.jpg
Then under the reply box you will see the "insert quotes" button. You can rearrange the order or eliminate quotes that you don't want to use.

Screenshot_20210917-164554_Firefox.jpg

I'm looking forward to its return.

I learned something new from you! I didn't know that you can stack up more than one "reply."

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

I ended up doing the ‘reply’ thing too - then editing out the stuff I didn’t want to ‘quote’.

I haven’t checked today to see if it’s been fixed. / edit : just re read your post c clearly. It appears it will be corrected in next software update. Thankyou.
I like using the ‘insert quotes’ especially with the multi quotes.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

I thought it was just me but it I have had this problem too. Discovered it first when I wanted to quote you. It is true. Thanks for bringing this up and hope it is fixed soon.

When I ‘select’ part of a post and click on ‘quote’, I get that yellow thing going across the top … I‘ve always assumed it’s some sort of site-updating ‘alert’.

I don’t get as far as seeing the Quote box.

I gave up and just copied the section I wanted.
This was on a PM, I assume it’s the same as for a post.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thanks for pointing it out! I had a LOT of quotes in the queue. Have you noticed that now you can drag quotes around to change the order?
I also had to delete a lot of quotes in my queue.
It was possible before to rearrange the quotes.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back