• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Radio Buen Camino now on El Salvador -PART 21

• Thread starter Former member 12499
  • Start date
F

Former member 12499

Hello Folks,
Well it's Saturday night and i'm stuck in the house. Its as miserable as sin outside and its raining. I have 200 channels of crap on the TV and i'm bored.
My mind wanders back to the Camino but this time i'm wanting something more than just reading some topics on the forum. Looking down my list of Camino favourites I spot 'Radio Buen Camino'. It must be six months since I last looked at this site and I thought, why not have a look and see what it is all about once again.
I believe the videos are made by a Belgian radio station and the presenter is a Belgian gentleman called Gunnar Walgraeve (I may be mistaken). The videos are made to a high standard and are a credit to Gunnar and his crew – along with the superb music.
Watching the videos, I was back on my Camino and the memories came flooding back. From the early morning pilgrims setting off for a day's walk in the dark. Looking for their first yellow arrows, to the long slog into Burgos; the cathedral and out onto the Meseta and a night's rest at San Bol before continuing his pilgrimage. On his journey, you meet all the pilgrims and the characters as well. The background music is terrific and very apt.
As i'm watching the video, I can imagine the fresh air and the weight of the pack on my back. I've just completed part 6 video and it has made my night.
So fellow pilgrims, why not take a look yourselves and remind yourself of your own camino. It can be found at www.vimeo.com/38863551 just scroll at the top for part 1.
If you are about to start on YOUR Camino between now and this time next year, it may be advisable to wait until you have completed your pilgrimage otherwise it may take away some of the magic that you are anticipating.
If I could meet Gunnar and it was within my power, I would bestow a knighthood upon him for services to pleasure and enjoyment.
Ah well, there's football on the telly later.....
Charlie

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
During a very wet day in August this year I watched these videos as far as the Sarria section with my wife just to show her what the Camino looked like. I had been trying to convince her to give it a try from Sarria at least. Well it did the trick, she loved the videos and decided to walk, so we set off in mid September and she loved it. We had a great six days walking, talking and enjoying all the Camino had to offer, she made friends along the way and they meet up for coffee from time to time.
Thank you Gunnar W.

Thanks to Susanna, I noticed this message.
Yes, what a lovely story to let discover your wife the camino by looking to the videos.
The good news is that - as Susanna also knows - I walked last summer the Camino San Salvador.
And there will be soon another Radio Buen Camino.
Yesterday evening, the last translations into English were done. It took a very, very long time to translate everything.
Now, there are still some small errors to correct. And I have still to make the end generic.
End of January / begin of February, those videos will be published. Every week another one. There are seven in total. And again, not a single boring moment!
rbc-2.png

rbc-3.png

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Thanks to Susanna, I noticed this message.
Yes, what a lovely story to let discover your wife the camino by looking to the videos.
The good news is that - as Susanna also knows - I walked last summer the Camino San Salvador.
And there will be soon another Radio Buen Camino.
Yesterday evening, the last translations into English were done. It took a very, very long time to translate everything.
Now, there are still some small errors to correct. And I have still to make the end generic.
End of January / begin of February, those videos will be published. Every week another one. There are seven in total. And again, not a single boring moment!
View attachment 7481

View attachment 7482

Wow...a new Radio Buen camino, about Camino del Salvador! :)
That sounds wonderful. I'm really looking forward to that.
And a pic of my favourite place on the planet, Puerto de Pajares.
What could be better? Thank you Gunnar. :)

Yes, "our" Puerto de Pajares.
The time between the two previous screenshots (in reverse order because pic 1 is at the albergue de Pajares) is 3 minutes where I worked 2 complete evenings on it. I think it's the climax of the movie!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
What a wonderful way to start a cold dark winter day. Very much looking forward to the next installments and will await the crowning moments at the Puerto de Pajares with bated breath! Thanks, Gunnar. Laurie

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
and here is the first part on the Camino del Salvador
www.vimeo.com/84150750
Check the Camino Del Salvador section for more info.

Gunnar , Excellent. So much looking forward to seeing these. This first part looks high def,clear & crisp .Great music selection too. Hope your wife enjoyed the trek!

Thanks again for doing this
Joe

Hello Fred,
My wife did very well. You will hear what she did wrong during the first day in the next part.
The hardest part for her was going down to Campomanes. Just like Susanna from Sweden...
Thank you for the compliments of the quality.
Hello Laurie,
Puerto de Pajares, it's for part 4. (Quiero!)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hello Gunnar,

I am sorry that I could not reply any earlier but I was out in Tenerife for Christmas and I have just got back home. Whilst I was there I had limited access to the internet and so I have lots of daily emails to catch up with.

Delighted to read about your new video and I could not wait to watch it. Very enjoyable and as usual made to your high standard.

Can't wait to watch the other episodes. You have made an old man very happy.

Best regards
Charlie.

Thank you all for your compliments.
It's time to leave León.
Sunday morning, the city is still sleeping. It seems that I'm the only pilgrim heading to Oviedo. Just outside León, I meet Gloria from Andalucia who's also walking El Salvador and who will continue till Santiago and maybe till Finisterre.
www.vimeo.com/85433713

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thanks Gunnar, that was great. :)
I watched it too, now. You were lucky as you got butterflies instead of the flying bugs everywhere.
Am looking forward to the next one.

Susanna, Laurie,
It was difficult for me to understand why you were complaining about bugs while I saw so many butterflies. In fact I lost a lot of time filming them because... they flew away all the time :)

Another thing I didn't film was the moment when Esmine called me. It was just preparing the setup in Villalbura. She asked me if it was normal that the bus was still riding in the mountains...
A few days before, we studied the bus trip on the Alsa website and La Robla was just 20 minutes away from León. On the site, it was like La Robla was the last stop but it wasn't.
...so I asked her to ask immediately the busdriver where she was. She was in Pola de Gordón (+10km) and that wasn't too bad. It was Sunday and there were only 2 bus trips (one morning and one afternoon). Happy for us was that the same bus did the return trip after a while.

Next week, there are two stages (days) in one cut.

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hello Gunnar,
I have just watched Episode 16. Incredible! You really do have an eye for detail. As soon as i started to watch it, i was back on the trail with my boots on. Thank you, i enjoyed it very much.
Charlie

Pola de Gordón is the last place where you can buy some food. In the Cantabrian Mountains, there are some small villages where there are only some albergues, hostals and some bars.
After the village Buiza, the path becomes rough. The view from the Alto Forcada de San Anton is beautiful.
Here is part 17
www.vimeo.com/85705207

Some of you have good memories. You can always write down your memories.

This is the second day on the Cantabrian Mountains. On the highest point, Jose Antonio Ender and his team built a cross. The most beautiful part of the way is between Puerto de¨Pajares and the village Pajares. Quiero ! ! !
Part 18:
https://vimeo.com/86312087

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi, Gunnar, nothing like a new Radio Buen Camino on the Salvador to fill in the hours of jet lag. Wow. I never saw that donkey, I feel kind of cheated. What do you do when you come across a donkey on the path? Just wait?

Hi, Gunnar, nothing like a new Radio Buen Camino on the Salvador to fill in the hours of jet lag. Wow. I never saw that donkey, I feel kind of cheated. What do you do when you come across a donkey on the path? Just wait?
Hello Laurie,
The donkey seems now to be an attraction on the path just before entering Llanos de Someron. It moved away slowly.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Aw no Gunnar, I swear I can smell the Spanish plant-life straight off the screen!! This is another 'gotta do' walk for my bucket list. How am I going to explain it to my wife!!??. :);)

Fab series Gunnar, can't wait to see the rest of your camino.

S.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The solution is to let her listen to the conversation on 5'30" on the next episode www.vimeo.com/87446372
To proove you are in good hands.
Enjoy Campomanes - Mieres

An excellent interview Gunnar, I will certainly take your advice!! :). Ender and his friends are doing a great job and deserve all our thanks and appreciation.

Take care, be safe.

Hola Gunnar and thank you for such an interesting, inspiring video of the Camino. I clicked on the link and opened on stage 5 to Renee (?) providing that magnificent version of "No Regrets" (sorry my French is not good enough to translate correctly) and being an huge Piaf fan I was almost in tears.
To my fellow pilgrims - who has been keeping this treasure secret for so long?? We need to share the story!! I am still hoping to return to the Camino later this year - these videos (and the others that Ivar has posted) are a fantastic resource. Cheers and Buen (Radio) Camino :cool:

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Stage 5 (on the Camino Frances): yes, Edith Piaf from from Santo Domingo d/l Calzada to Viloria de La Rioja thanks to Alain from Rouen (France) who is selling houses as job. You noticed that Edith Piaf sings an extra line at 2'50", just to make it possible to arrive at Viloria de La Rioja? Thank you for your compliments.

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back