• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Radio Interview about the Journey Back Home 16 August

suekenney

A pilgrim in life.
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances solo (2001).
Guided Groups Frances (2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and plans for 2014.)
Portuguese (2004).
English solo (2005).
Frances el contrario (2010)
The Return Journey Home

Today at 1pm EST.

The Journey Back Home
Sue Kenney, pilgrim and award winning author of My Camino, is returning to Own It, Sister! Radio for a second time! She has just returned home from a three month journey with the El Camino de Santiago in Spain. She led a group for 10 days, turned around and walked the Camino “al contrario” for 800 kilometers back to Ste. Jean Pied du Port, and then returned to Santiago for the Feast of St. James in a Holy Year. Sue has recently returned to Canada and is experiencing the truth of her words, “when the Camino ends…the journey just begins.” An engaging storyteller, Sue will share her experience of walking the other way and the impact of the pilgrims she met along the way.

Suseya!

http://ownitsister.com/radio

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I was really excited about listening to this as the topic is dear to my own heart too, but unfortunately this link only took me to the radio station itself, not Sue´s Interview.
Sue, if you are reading this, can you provide your readers with a better, more direct link?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I like Sue´s point about encountering oneself on the Camino, and about "accountability". We can hide very little about ourselves on the Camino and often those we meet and our own "reflections" are just that: a mirror into our deepest, most hidden places. There are very few people who walk who are not affected in some way by the experience. Whether the Spanish pilgrims are affected to the same depth is a moot point. When discussing the idea of a Pilgrim Centre recently with a veteran Spanish pilgrim, he said, "I doubt you would get many Spanish pilgrims". Perhaps for many it is the actual pilgrim route that is sufficient: born out of the Catholic upbringing whether nominal or not. Maybe whether those of us from outside Spain see the Camino more as a metaphor or not is worth considering when we think about the impact and life changes a "pilgrimage" can have on us in the 21st century.
I enjoyed Sue´s insights very much and much of what she says brought back my own feelings about the Camino.
Tracy Saunders
http://www.pilgrimagetoheresy.blogspot.com
http://www.pilgrimagetoheresy.com

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back