• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Rain coat on Camino del Norte

Nimbe007

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances, Aragones, Via tolosana, Norte, Primitivo
Hello everybody, I will start in Irun on May 29th, should I take a rain coat like this one or just small one in plastic? I've seen on the weather website that there is a lot of rain now there.
poncho.jpg

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I'm no expert, but I would say if you are preparing for rain, then this style would be better than a light, flimsy one. I have been spending my evening researching umbrellas and am leaning toward an umbrella instead of a rain coat, myself.

Hello everybody, I will start in Irun on May 29th, should I take a rain coat like this one or just small one in plastic? I've seen on the weather website that there is a lot of rain now there.
View attachment 42905
It has been raining very heavily overnight & looks like it will rain more. You definitely need a poncho plus a waterproof jacket.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Yep, you'll need a poncho like the one in the pic. I'd also recommend gaiters, to stop the water getting into your shoes. I took waterproof pants/trousers when I was there a few weeks ago, but this might be overkill in summer.

Had intense thunder storms last two nights in Cantabria. Umbrella and a poncho I suggest to keep dryish. Get the right umbrella and it doubles as a walking pole. Will have showers and some rain for the next few days at least. But you can gets weeks with no rain after June.

Thanks for your answers. And for the ones of you who are on the way. Buen Camino !

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I’ll be taking my poncho as I’m more concerned about protecting my rucksack than my clothes, which are all wick away or zip off. The climate is not dissimilar to the U.K. sometimes wet but warmer. I’ll be starting the Camino Del Norte from Bilbao the second week in June. The poncho is versatile as you can sit on it sleep under it and use as a dressing gown etc., even a tent ;)

I am also doing the Camino in Bilboa in June, I am bringing a poncho also, hoping for warm sunny weather

Most read last week in this forum

Hola. While I am familiar with air travel restrictions on knives, I want to read your answers on carrying a small folding knife (Gerber Gear US1, (2.6 inch /6.6 cm blade)) in trains and buses in...
I couldn't find any posts about this topic on the forum (first time that's ever happened) so I thought I'd ask... It always seemed to me that wringing hand-washed clothes never works very well...
Hello. Having done the Portugese Central from Porto a few years ago, we will be doing the Frances from Leon this April. Searching the forums for footwear suggestions, we (wife and I) decided on...
Hi All, I am completing the Camino Ingles in April. I have just bought hiking trainers, as I find walking boots very heavy on my little, old feet. Hpwever, I am worried about conditions, with...
Hello, I will be doing El Camino from Sarria to Santiago this May 13 for the first time. I tend to twist my ankles in uneven surfaces and to easily slip on slippery surfaces. I have some...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.