• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Rain Rain Rain around Andalucia

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Seems going to be raining for a loooong time

Buen camino @Jun Meng. Where are you starting from? Another forum member started yesterday from Almería.

A group of anywhere from 10- 14 forum members are meeting in Almería in a little more than 4 weeks. We’re going for the “most forum members ever assembled in one place” record.

Hope the weather gets better for you. We assume that by April there will be no more water left up in those clouds. Buen camino, Laurie

Buen camino @Jun Meng. Where are you starting from? Another forum member started yesterday from Almería.

A group of anywhere from 10- 14 forum members are meeting in Almería in a little more than 4 weeks. We’re going for the “most forum members ever assembled in one place” record.

Hope the weather gets better for you. We assume that by April there will be no more water left up in those clouds. Buen camino, Laurie
Hi laurie. It Seems the cloud will stick on this region for a while. I'm in Baena right now. Started from Malaga 7 days Ago and Only one sunny day.

Tomorrow I will take a Early bus to almeria start to walk to Cordoba the day after.

Thank You for your Good words. Buen camino.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

I suppose I'll be a week ahead of you: I am starting out from Almeria on April 7th. Hope to end in Merida sometime. :)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
You mean behind of me? Well...Just Got a Bad news. Alhambra is fully booked. This is Why I Choose this trail.
I meant ahead of @peregrina2000 and her pack. ;)Going to Madrid tomorrow morning for 3 weeks here and there in Spain with my woman for holiday first. The next 5-7 days are bleak, weatherwise...

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I am no expert on Andalucian weather, but from here on the North West fringes of Europe it looks like we are in for a late spring with more likelihood for cold & rain than would be usual at this time of year. The Jet Stream keeps diving too far south. We are starting from Almeria first week of April and will be packing our best waterproofs & warm gear in case. Hope you see the sun soon Jun.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I am no expert on Andalucian weather, but from here on the North West fringes of Europe it looks like we are in for a late spring with more likelihood for cold & rain than would be usual at this time of year. The Jet Stream keeps diving too far south. We are starting from Almeria first week of April and will be packing our best waterproofs & warm gear in case. Hope you see the sun soon Jun.
Hello seabeggar! Hope You can Have a Great walk! Be fully prepared. Buen camino

Super buen camino to you @Jun Meng...may it dry out sooooonnnnn!!

Hahahahaha...
But. You know what assumption is, right, Laurie!?

Let me rephrase that. We HOPE the clouds will have emptied themselves out by then. ;)

You mean behind of me? Well...Just Got a Bad news. Alhambra is fully booked. This is Why I Choose this trail.

Jun Meng, if you really want to see the Alhambra (who wouldn't?!), you could try getting in line early in the morning, they release some tickets every day. http://granadainfo.com/alhambra/day.htm Good luck. Buen camino, Laurie

Let me rephrase that. We HOPE the clouds will have emptied themselves out by then. ;)

Jun Meng, if you really want to see the Alhambra (who wouldn't?!), you could try getting in line early in the morning, they release some tickets every day. http://granadainfo.com/alhambra/day.htm Good luck. Buen camino, Laurie
Hi laurie. I Have tried book a ticket from the Official website of Alhambra and Everytime failed. Then I heard from a friend from Spain exactly like What You said. But No one can Guarantee that I Definitelly can get one even So need to waiting for the Long Q. So I Booked ticket Fly back to home on 18th from Malaga. This is not the right time for me. Next time. Thank You So much.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
We're wondering whether to do part of the Camino starting out around Granada (where we've never been) approximately Friday 23 (yes that's next Friday). We're pretty much novices and I'm recovering from an illness so would be doing it in very small parts. Like 10-15 Km per day probably. We did 2 days of the Camino Frances a week or two ago. I'm hooked! Already got Pilgrim Passports. I have no problem with the language as we live in Spain but have read that Granada onwards is pretty hard going. I don't mind slow hard going if its safe. Anyone around on the same part at that time? Anyone done it before care to advise a couple of novices?

n
We're wondering whether to do part of the Camino starting out around Granada (where we've never been) approximately Friday 23 (yes that's next Friday). We're pretty much novices and I'm recovering from an illness so would be doing it in very small parts. Like 10-15 Km per day probably. We did 2 days of the Camino Frances a week or two ago. I'm hooked! Already got Pilgrim Passports. I have no problem with the language as we live in Spain but have read that Granada onwards is pretty hard going. I don't mind slow hard going if its safe. Anyone around on the same part at that time? Anyone done it before care to advise a couple of novices?
Read up here... https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/forums/camino-mozárabe.101/

and here... https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/resources/categories/camino-mozarabe.52/

Oh my Laurie, I didn't realize that the pack had grown - blossomed - to such proportions!

I must say that I have a bit of "envidia sana" that I can't join.

Buen Camino to all! I sure hope that the clouds fade and the sun comes out!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Seems going to be raining for a loooong time
Hi Jun - so sorry you are having sooooo much rain - hope it lessens up for you from Almeria - miss you - hoped that we might see each other this year - love and friendship always to you XX
PS - can you send the rain clouds to Cape Town please - we are desperate!!

Hi Jun - so sorry you are having sooooo much rain - hope it lessens up for you from Almeria - miss you - hoped that we might see each other this year - love and friendship always to you XX
Hello Hello Dear lady. So Nice to hear from You in this forum. I Didn't know you are here as well. What a surprise.
I'm Now in almeria. Since the weather not Well and I Couldn't Get a ticket of Alhambra in Granada, I decided to go to netherland to See my Boyfriend. Lol......leaving on 18th from Malaga.

The weather Seems going better and better But Still gonna grey and raining for at least 2 weeks. From Malaga to Baena was extremely lonely. And the weather was awful. I Didn't Enjoy it at all.

Hope u can Get Good weather when You start to walk. Enjoy it. Buen Camino. Miss You and So Much Love from here.

Jun

Yes, I was there at the end of February, “Sold Out”, could not visit... so disappointed

Yes, I was there at the end of February, “Sold Out”, could not visit... so disappointed
Exactly! Actually the official website showes there are Still few ticket on 26-29 March But I Couldn't buy it. And the system quite stupid. The second step is to Choose the date and time, after that You need to fill in lots of personal information, Then the system tells You there is No tickets available on the time You wanted.

frustrated! Visiting Alhambra is the motivation that I walk this trail.

Hi Marilyn I am also from Cape Town and leaving for the Portuguese Camino in a weeks time. On the one side we are so desperate for rain in Cape Town and the other side I don't know if I will appreciate walking in the rain for days on end on the Camino. We will have to take the rain when comes down I suppose even if it is in Portugal.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi Marilyn I am also from Cape Town and leaving for the Portuguese Camino in a weeks time. On the one side we are so desperate for rain in Cape Town and the other side I don't know if I will appreciate walking in the rain for days on end on the Camino. We will have to take the rain when comes down I suppose even if it is in Portugal.
Well I know your excitement at this stage and don't let anything dampen your spirits - even some rain - I can understand how Jun felt though as that is a very solitary route and to have to brave that all on your own takes some doing!!! I did Portuguese C three years ago from Lisbon with a girlfriend and we had gorgeous weather - maybe a little shower here and there but certainly no days of constant downpour. We also started towards the end of March and finished around the middle of April. Another friend left a week later than us and had two weeks of solid rain. So what I am saying it is all about timing!!! Hahaha - lots of love and buen camino

IMG_20180314_115325.jpg@marilyn van graan Look who I met yesterday on the bus from Granada to Almeria? Is the guy who has a photo in a post on Facebook that Somebody tagged you. Right? We had a lovely talk. He Started this Morning from almeria. Don't know if He Got his credential Or not.

Exactly! Actually the official website showes there are Still few ticket on 26-29 March But I Couldn't buy it. And the system quite stupid. The second step is to Choose the date and time, after that You need to fill in lots of personal information, Then the system tells You there is No tickets available on the time You wanted.

frustrated! Visiting Alhambra is the motivation that I walk this trail.
I was also “very” upset, since this was the low season... but after visiting the Alcazar in Seville, some of the work was done by the same craftsmans, so it helped, lol... i will have to visit Granada next year prior to starting on VdlP, with my reservations made in advance... buen Camino!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I was also “very” upset, since this was the low season... but after visiting the Alcazar in Seville, some of the work was done by the same craftsmans, so it helped, lol... i will have to visit Granada next year prior to starting on VdlP, with my reservations made in advance... buen Camino!
Well. I've visited alcazar in sevilla as well. But I've heard that Alhambra is the most visited place in whole spain. Actually I've Never heard of this before

Yes. I'm gonna Come back next time. Walk del rey, visit ronda, book ticket in advance for Alhambra.

Have a Good day.

Look How Wonderful the weather is in Almeria. But Why it turns into raining days when I'm on the trail.

Attachments

• IMG_20180316_133055.jpg
    IMG_20180316_133055.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 15
Hi Jun Meng. Almeria is in an almost desert area. I suppose you ll have more luck in this part of Andalusia. And when you reach Baena again, it will be almost April which is a much better month in Southern Spain.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Eeek! If I had known, I would have started with you...(sigh)...when is your start date? I will be in Almería for Easter.

Eeek! If I had known, I would have started with you...(sigh)...when is your start date? I will be in Almería for Easter.

Hi,Ella,
Our start date is April 14, but the numbers have grown so much that people are going to be starting before and after that date. We're hoping the rain will be behind us. ;) When are you starting? You should definitely be in contact with the Association. They are a very nice and helpful bunch of people. Buen camino, Laurie

I had thought to set out March 31st...but common sense tells me Monday 2nd April would be better. I will keep my eyes and ears open for the 'herd'. Thanks, Laurie - Charlotte L. (Ella is my she-cat and I haven't figured out how to change my name on the forum profile...sigh)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Just done the Cordoba to Cerro Muriano leg. Wow its beautiful. Wow its steep! Those were hard days for us novices. We split them up by using buses backwards and forwards from the smaller places. Because of the rain in Cordoba last week we only did 3 days on the Camino. 1) Cordoba to an outlying suburb. Then returned to Cordoba and 2) back to the suburb by bus the next day. then That suburb to Cerro Muriano. Then we did Cerro Muriano to El Vacar at which point we were offered a lift back to Cordoba by a couple of musicians. Then we came home (To the Sierra de Aracena) but we'll be back!

Most read last week in this forum

Hello fellow pilgrims. I will start walking the Camino Mozárabe from Almería on 5th April 2024 and just wonder whether there is anybody else there around that date with the same objective?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back