• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Rapid antigen test delays

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Signy33

Time of past OR future Camino
Hello,
I'll be arriving soon in Santiago so i've started to look at how i'll be getting back home to Belgium. I'll probably take a plane. I might be transitting through Paris and thus might need a Covid test (either PCR or RA). I'm fully vaccinated.
Any idea if it's easy to get a rapid test in Santiago without appointment or any idea of the delay to book a test ? I don't want to wait too long before booking, but i'm not yet entirely sure when i'll be leaving (probably around the 15th of july).
Thanks for any up to date info,

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I looked at all the websites and only one states clearly when you can get a rapid antigenic test, and it's too late in the day for my plane. I wonder if there is a place to do it without an appointment?
Hi again, @Signy33. I know that this isn't your question but: Are you sure that you need a test or do you want to get one just in case?

When I last looked, which was yesterday, my understanding was that you don't need one for returning from Spain to Belgium, and also not for travelling from Spain to Paris as you have a EU Digital Covid Certificate (vaccination).

https://www.info-coronavirus.be/nl/reizen/
And especially: 240616_infog_deplacement_vert.pdf

From what i found yesterday, i thought Galicia was in orange but it seems i was mistaken. I'll need to recheck when i'm closer to my departure date i suppose. This is really stressfull.

From what i found yesterday, i thought Galicia was in orange but it seems i was mistaken. I'll need to recheck when i'm closer to my departure date i suppose. This is really stressfull.
Don't stress, the situation is under control 😉.

Galicia is green in the French system (France didn't adopt the EU/ECDC colour scheme) and orange in the Belgian system (Belgium did adopt the EU/ECDC colour scheme). As you can see in the links, these colours have different meaning in these two systems but both currently mean no tests necessary for those who have an EU vaccination certificate when travelling from Galicia/Spain.

On Friday (9 July), the ECDC will update their map. I don't know whether this will change anything as to tests for those who are vaccinated. I doubt it. You are in an excellent position! Buen Camino!!!

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Don't stress, the situation is under control 😉.

Galicia is green in the French system (France didn't adopt the EU/ECDC colour scheme) and orange in the Belgian system (Belgium did adopt the EU/ECDC colour scheme). As you can see in the links, these colours have different meaning in these two systems but both currently mean no tests necessary for those who have an EU vaccination certificate when travelling from Galicia/Spain.

On Friday (9 July), the ECDC will update their map. I don't know whether this will change anything as to tests for those who are vaccinated. I doubt it. You are in an excellent position! Buen Camino!!!
Now i understand why I got it wrong, i first checked the color when looking for info to get back to Belgium, and didn't recheck the colors in France, just their rules.
Thanks for the explanations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back