Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Pilgrim Pouch carry bags with different designs
A lightweight carry bag handy for walking, biking, traveling, & Caminos

COVID Rapid PCR test Santiago

Status
Not open for further replies.

TammyLynn

Past OR future Camino
13/9/13 to 1/10/13 Pamplona to Leon

5/6/2014-9/7/2014
SJPP to Santiago
Hi Pilgrims
I will be in Santiago on Tuesday and flying out Friday. I am hearing that I can get a PCR test in Madrid at the airport to return to the USA however I only have a one hour layover there. Hoping to get a rapid PCR test Thursday. Closest test to cathedral? Quickest turn around on test? Any advice is much appreciated!! Thank you!!

Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Pilgrim Pouch carry bags with different designs
A lightweight carry bag handy for walking, biking, traveling, & Caminos

trecile

Camino Addict
Past OR future Camino
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)
Hi Pilgrims
I will be in Santiago on Tuesday and flying out Friday. I am hearing that I can get a PCR test in Madrid at the airport to return to the USA however I only have a one hour layover there. Hoping to get a rapid PCR test Thursday. Closest test to cathedral? Quickest turn around on test? Any advice is much appreciated!! Thank you!!
You don't need a PCR test to fly back to the US, just an antigen test.

El Cascayal

Past OR future Camino
Hi Pilgrims
If you plan on getting Rapid antigen at airport in Madrid you are able to schedule an appointment to avoid any hassles.

KimR

Past OR future Camino
Camino Francés April 2018
Camino Portuguese Coastal & Central (from Porto) May 2019
Hi Pilgrims
A PCR test is not a rapid test- it takes at least 24 hours for results.
A rapid test is an antigen test.
Not sure what you need.

Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery

trecile

Camino Addict
Past OR future Camino
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)
A PCR test is not a rapid test- it takes at least 24 hours for results.
A rapid test is an antigen test.
Not sure what you need.
To fly back to the US only an antigen test is needed, unless flying through a third country that requires a PCR test for transit.

natefaith

Staff member
Past OR future Camino
2009, 2014, 2017
Hi Pilgrims

Here are three good places to get the rapid test with same day results:

Quironprevención
Rua Galeras 34 - 38
15705 Santiago de Compostela
Phone: +34 981 57 66 64

Clinica Revimedic
Calle Santo Domingo de la Calzada, 6, 2ºC
15701 Santiago de Compostela
Phone: +34 981 59 52 23

Note: It's possible to make an appointment for a Covid test through their Facebook page. Look for the Clinica Revimedic page.

Suevia Salud
Rúa Magdalena, 11, Bajo 6
15895 O Milladoiro
Phone: +881 087 551
info@suevia.gal

Note: Address is correct. Suevia is around the back of the building. Waiting period is 10 - 15 ninutes for the test, 40 minutes for the results printed and signed. They'll also email a copy of the results to you. Easy to get to by bus or taxi.

As far as which would be closest to the Cathedral, either Revimedic or Quironprevencion would be a 10-15 minute walk from the Cathedral. We'd still recommend you call ahead for an appointment (I don't think they accept walk-ins). But all three of these have rapid antigen tests.

Buen Camino!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg