• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Rapid PCR test Santiago

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.
Time of past OR future Camino
See Signature
Hi Pilgrims
I will be in Santiago on Tuesday and flying out Friday. I am hearing that I can get a PCR test in Madrid at the airport to return to the USA however I only have a one hour layover there. Hoping to get a rapid PCR test Thursday. Closest test to cathedral? Quickest turn around on test? Any advice is much appreciated!! Thank you!!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi Pilgrims
I will be in Santiago on Tuesday and flying out Friday. I am hearing that I can get a PCR test in Madrid at the airport to return to the USA however I only have a one hour layover there. Hoping to get a rapid PCR test Thursday. Closest test to cathedral? Quickest turn around on test? Any advice is much appreciated!! Thank you!!
You don't need a PCR test to fly back to the US, just an antigen test.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi Pilgrims
If you plan on getting Rapid antigen at airport in Madrid you are able to schedule an appointment to avoid any hassles.

Hi Pilgrims
A PCR test is not a rapid test- it takes at least 24 hours for results.
A rapid test is an antigen test.
Not sure what you need.

A PCR test is not a rapid test- it takes at least 24 hours for results.
A rapid test is an antigen test.
Not sure what you need.
To fly back to the US only an antigen test is needed, unless flying through a third country that requires a PCR test for transit.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi Pilgrims

Here are three good places to get the rapid test with same day results:

Quironprevención
Rua Galeras 34 - 38
15705 Santiago de Compostela
Phone: +34 981 57 66 64

Clinica Revimedic
Calle Santo Domingo de la Calzada, 6, 2ºC
15701 Santiago de Compostela
Phone: +34 981 59 52 23

Note: It's possible to make an appointment for a Covid test through their Facebook page. Look for the Clinica Revimedic page.

Suevia Salud
Rúa Magdalena, 11, Bajo 6
15895 O Milladoiro
Phone: +881 087 551
info@suevia.gal

Note: Address is correct. Suevia is around the back of the building. Waiting period is 10 - 15 ninutes for the test, 40 minutes for the results printed and signed. They'll also email a copy of the results to you. Easy to get to by bus or taxi.

As far as which would be closest to the Cathedral, either Revimedic or Quironprevencion would be a 10-15 minute walk from the Cathedral. We'd still recommend you call ahead for an appointment (I don't think they accept walk-ins). But all three of these have rapid antigen tests.

Buen Camino!

Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back