• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Ratings of "all" albergues

• Thread starter Deleted member 3000
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3000

Someone is touting albergues and skewing the ratings. For example over 55 raters have weighed in on Manjarin and it has nearly a five star rating. There are not 55 pilgrims a year stopping there, and there is no way it is five star. The latrine door is not even opaque!

Jesus y Maria has only 33 ratings, and it fills over 100 beds every night.

I conclude that someone is cooking the books! Use the ratings cautiously. :wink:

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
falcon269 said:
...For example over 55 raters have weighed in on Manjarin and it has nearly a five star rating..... Use the ratings cautiously. :wink:
Absolutely! And measure the size of each star: some are just about invisible :roll:

Yes, this star rating system is really wierd. For instance, the Municipal in Hornillos is presently number 2 on the whole list. In my opinion, this is one of the worst Albergues on the whole Camino ( together with Larrasoaña).
Personally, I prefer the system used by Eroski.es where one simply writes their comments of how they found the Albergue. Sometimes these comments vary considerably for the same Albergue, but at least you get a good idea of what to expect, according to your taste. Anne

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
IMO raters for Manjarin just found it very special (and really is in a way) and gave their rate according to this but were not really sleeping there. If so the rates wouldn't be that good :?

Hi, could someone tell me where to find this albergue "ratings" list, I've not heard of it before.

Thanks, Trudy

Trudy,

Here is the link to Ivar's comprehensive list. >> http://www.caminodesantiago.me/camino-frances/ 'All' albergues on the Camino Frances are grouped day by day in 33 stages; within each stage each albergue has a separate entry. The ratings made by pilgrims are in stars showing how many votes the albergue received. If you click on the albergue name you will then find basic reference info as well as further comments at the bottom of each albergue page.

MM

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
There are 133 ratings for the albergue at Espinal! My memory gets worse with age, but I don't even know where that is! Someone is manipulating the ratings.

If everyone on the Forum goes to the artificially high ratings and clicks on one-star, the final result may return to a more correct average. The system tracks with a cookie, so you can only rate each place once without clearing your browser cookie history. It is taking a knowledgeable and patient person to skew the ratings!!

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back