• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

re:5/6 days camino

cat1

I would like to do a 5/6 day walk on the Camino and its seems the best place to start is Sarria for the length of time available to me..should I fly into santiago and catch a bus to Sarria and then just start my walk from here or fly into a different airport and travel from there?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
5/6 day Camino

That sounds like a good idea. There should be a direct bus from Santiago to Sarria from monday to friday at 18.30 h. You can also get a bus from Santiago to Lugo (every two hours) and then another one from Lugo to Sarria (every 45 minutes).
When in Santiago, just go to the bus station; at the information booth someone will tell you the name of the Bus company that goes to Lugo. When you get the tickets ask the ticket seller the number of the "carrill" (lane) where the bus will leave from; go there and look out for a bus marked with the name of the company that will pull in that lane. Also, ask the driver to tell you when the bus reaches Sarria because the signs are not always easy to understand. If you don't speak Spanish just tell the driver, or the ticket seller, (preferably with a smile) "Sarria, por favor".... they'll be most helpful.
Buen Camino!

Hi and welcome to the forum cat1,

I agree with Sillydoll that flying into Santiago and bussing to Sarria is the easiest way to get there.

To see some older topics on "How to Get from Santiago to Sarria", have a look here:
viewtopic.php?t=111

Buen Camino!
Ivar

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
5/6 days Camino

If you fly into Santiago, most of the flights seem to get in around midday. Your best bet is to get a bus from the airport direct to Lugo and change bus at the bus station for Sarria. The bus starts in Santiago, so there does not seem much point in going in to Santiago, only to come back to the airport again!!!

If you want to catch the bus directly to Saria, you have to go into Santiago which is about 15k's from the airport, and you will get into Sarria quite late in the day, which might mean it is a little difficult to get a bed in the refuge.

The airport - Lugo - Sarria route will take around 3 hrs max and the buses to Lugo seem to go from the Arrivals terminal front door about every 2 hours. Cost one way last year was around 12 euros if I remember correctly.

If you take it gently, 5 days is ample. We did Sarria to Santiago in 4 days walking, but the last day involved 33kms which was very hot, very dusty, very thirsty, and knackered at the end, but as I had a very nice bed in a 5 star hotel awaiting, one kept going!!!

Having done Sarria to Santiago in Oct05, I am going back to do the 800km version in September this year.

The only problem with the Camino is that it gets addictive!!!

Regards,

Covey

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back