A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

RE: First Time Pilgrim - Saying Thank You!

Kris53

Camino(s) past & future
Camino - Costal Route (May 2017)
Dear Friends and Fellow Pilgrims,

I am in shock that I received such a great response to my initial post. It is very heartwarming to know that there is a community of individuals out there that sincerely care for and support others in need. Everyday, as I reviewed the board, I was able to read new replies to my post with both constructive advice regarding my pilgrimage and just general words of encouragement and support. I feel that each new posting is bringing new feelings of healing. Thank you for all of your kind words and support during one of the most difficult times in my life.

There were many fantastic responses to my questions that I will be replying to shortly! Thanks again!

-Kris

Advertisment

VNwalking

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Francés (2014, 2015)
St Olav/Francés (2016)
Baztanés/Francés (2017)
Ingles (July 2018)
We're all just paying it forward Chris, because we've all been there.
Not in your shoes, exactly, but enough to understand.
One day you may be doing the same.
Coming here feels like being in an Albergue--you can talk about real things, deep things, silly things, and help abounds. So do opinions. We're not saints.
But it's a small source of joyful connection in a world that badly needs it.

Oh and replies...?
Your Camino will be the reply, and so we'll be waiting to hear how it went.:cool:

M

Mike Trebert

Dear Friends and Fellow Pilgrims,

I am in shock that I received such a great response to my initial post. It is very heartwarming to know that there is a community of individuals out there that sincerely care for and support others in need. Everyday, as I reviewed the board, I was able to read new replies to my post with both constructive advice regarding my pilgrimage and just general words of encouragement and support. I feel that each new posting is bringing new feelings of healing. Thank you for all of your kind words and support during one of the most difficult times in my life.

There were many fantastic responses to my questions that I will be replying to shortly! Thanks again!

-Kris
Kris,

Please don't feel obliged to post multiple answers. Some new members can be overly considerate in this way. Your post here is eloquent, heartfelt and enough for me.

Mike

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • March

Votes: 18 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 68 16.9%
  • May

Votes: 106 26.4%
  • June