• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Re-measuring the Camino Frances

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
This message from Grant Spangler (taken from Mundicamino).

http://www.mundicamino.com/fotos_noticias/AcacioOri.jpg

"The Xacobean Cultural Association "Step by step" will soon finish the
re-measuring and re-signing of the Camino Frances.
The exact kilometers from Saint Jean Pied de Port and Santiago de
Compostela, and those between one albergue and the next albergue will be
made much clearer.
In this labor the participation of our hospitalero friends Acacio and
Orietta Paz has been extraordinary.
Congratulations to the entire team"

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Finally! I hope the last stage to Santiago gets re-waymarked as those signposts every 500m have disappeared in the last stretch. I was frustrated in that penultimate day of walking and the CSJ guide didn't help.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
marktqm said:
I hope the last stage to Santiago gets re-waymarked as those signposts every 500m have disappeared in the last stretch. I was frustrated in that penultimate day of walking and the CSJ guide didn't help.

Yes, I found that frustrating too. I'd hoped for a clearly-marked path through Santiago right to the cathedral (indeed, another pilgrim joked about expecting arrows made of gold embedded in the street). Instead, I got lost and had to keep asking directions until I found the right way to the square. So, I hope they take care of that as well...

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hallo

I am surprised that you guys had difficulty in finding the path to the cathedral in Santiago. For us, the way was pretty well marked and we never got lost.

Regards
Bharat

It wasn't the path; I never got lost. It was keeping track of the distance traveled (or remaining) that was frustrating because those 500m markers seem to have disappeared in the last 25 km or so. I thought I'd be somewhere near Monte do Gozo by 2 PM, I ended up arriving at 5 PM, after walking almost nonstop.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
spursfan said:
That's why the Brierley guidebook is so essential - with it's collection of maps with lots of intermediate distances plus daily gradient charts

I had the Brierley book, and it was great for the Way. But for some reason it didn't do me much good when entering Santiago itself. I was pretty tired by then, though - instead of stopping at the huge Gulag Santiago albergue on the outskirts, I plowed thru and finally hit the cathedral square at around 7:30PM. At that point I was kind of walking on fumes, so I probably missed a key page... :shock:

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back