• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • Hi Please note that the posts below are created automatically when a new Resource is created in the Camino Resource section. Users can only make replies to the topics below, not create new threads.

Buen Camino!
    Ivar

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Re walking the Camino for charity

Mrs.DD

Camino starting in May 2014, can't wait!
Time of past OR future Camino
I'm planning to walk the Camino next May 2013. No specific date set yet. Anyone walking around that time plz get in touch it would be good to share a beer after a long days hike.
Buen Camino :)
Hi after losing my husband to throat cancer on August 26th 2012, I have created a just giving page in his memory. Please take the time to visit my page. Any donations would be gratefully appreciated, no matter how small.
The link to my page is:-

www.justgiving.com/CatherineAndreaDriscoll

Please share to all your family and friends to help me raise as much as possible for this great charity.
Many thanx God bless peace and love Andrea

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi after losing my husband to throat cancer on August 26th last year, I have created a just giving page in his memory. Please take the time to visit my page. Any donations would be gratefully appreciated, no matter how small.
The link to my page is:-

justgiving.com/CatherineAndreaDriscoll

Please share to all your family and friends to help me raise as much as possible for this great charity.
Many thanx God bless peace and love Andrea

To all peregrinos,

Please be generous for a noble cause. No donation is ever too small.

Buen camino to all and god bless.

Thank you Pio, that's what I ment to say, I hope I don't sound rude? I didn't mean to, also I've been unwell, sorry I missed your call, call back soon, I've not seen you on Skype lately when I've been on Angie
Buen Camino

Last edited:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
To all peregrinos,

Please be generous for a noble cause. No donation is ever too small.

Buen camino to all and god bless.
Hi Pio I've only just noticed it was you sorry I've been unwell and missed your call you never seem to be on Skype when I'm signed in. Plz call back Angie :)

All the best with your fund raising and your camino. I hope you get some more donations from forum members, although some of us might just still be recovering from Xmas, and not in a position to give yet:(

Regards

Fund raising can be very difficult, Always seem to be the people you least expect that donate, I am also walking to raise money for the Cancer Research Institute as i have had 3 brothers with cancer and have lost 2, Also uncles and aunts have lost the fight, Sorry for you loss and hope it all goes well
Dave

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi Dave, I'm so sorry to hear about your brothers and extended family who fought cancer. My heart goes out to you xxI wish you luck on your Camino and fundraising. When are you walking your Camino? Maybe our paths may cross
Andrea
Buen Camino xx

Last edited:
Hi Pio, I hope you had a great Christmas and new year. I'm still battling this chest infection :( I hope to chat soon Angie ;)

Andrea
Walking the camino on €5-6 per day is going to be really hard. Try and bring a little more money if you can.
I'm a member of the CSJ (Confraternity of Saint James) which helps people prepare for their caminos. The website is http://www.csj.org.uk/ . The organisation is based in London and the office is open on Thursdays to people who want to drop by then and talk about their plans etc.
You'll also see on the website that CSJ is organising a Practical Pilgrim day on Saturday 22 February in Blackfriars. We do this every year and usually about a hundred people come along and ask all kinds of questions which we try and answer, about things like the best items to pack, where to stay etc. It's a free event open to anyone but we ask people to register on-line as the hall can only hold about 120 people.
regards and good luck, tom

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back