Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
Camino Masks
12 different designs, shipped world wide from Santiago.

Reaction Scores

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Hola all,

Just a quick note to say that I have disabled what was called “Reaction Scores” on the forum. Most people does not know what is/was, but for those who do, it has been disabled.

In short, this was a way of counting the number of “likes” a member would collect all over the forum and it made points out of it and rank users. We (the mods and I) saw no use for it and it has been disabled.

Just wanted to let you all know,
Ivar

Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.
Casa Ivar Pin
Custom hard enamel pin badge with silver coloured locking pin. Size: 30 mm.
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.

C clearly

Staff member
Year of past OR future Camino
How will I ever be able to measure my self worth and how much the world loves me?????????????
Well, you could keep track of every post that you make, daily count up the Likes, and make a spreadsheet. Then you'd need to do the same for the people you are competing with. 🤣 🤣 You could add all the rules you want - such as whether Hearts are worth 2 Likes, whether some threads are higher value, and whether Likes from certain people are rarer than others. That should satisfy any uncertainties, if not your insecurities:eek:.

Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking..
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
Well, you could keep track of every post that you make, daily count up the Likes, and make a spreadsheet. Then you'd need to do the same for the people you are competing with. 🤣 🤣 You could add all the rules you want - such as whether Hearts are worth 2 Likes, whether some threads are higher value, and whether Likes from certain people are rarer than others. That should satisfy any uncertainties, if not your insecurities:eek:.
It would definitely keep a person busy. Too bad it wasn't an option we could have used in 2020...it certainly would have made the year go by much faster.🤣

Marbe2

2015-2019 walked all or more than half of CF 7 times... CP recently cancelled by Covid 19!
Hola all,

Just a quick note to say that I have disabled what was called “Reaction Scores” on the forum. Most people does not know what is/was, but for those who do, it has been disabled.

In short, this was a way of counting the number of “likes” a member would collect all over the forum and it made points out of it and rank users. We (the mods and I) saw no use for it and it has been disabled.

Just wanted to let you all know,
Ivar
Ivar, I think that the Reaction score is still working on mine?

lt56ny

Veteran Member
CF(2012) Le Puy/CF (2015) Portugues (2017) Norte (2018) CF (2019) VDLP?
And keep me off the street and out of trouble.

Peaceable Projects Inc.
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

henrythedog

Loved and fed by David
Frances 2017, 2018, 2019, Ingles 2018, (Madrid 2019 partial - retired hurt!) (more planned)
I think what’s been removed - which now that I know it existed - I’ll probably not miss; is the ‘league table’.

Visibility of ‘reactions’ against each post does have value IMHO either in assessing whether one has (intentionally or otherwise) caused offence or otherwise assessing the communities general view of content.

Arn

Veteran Member
I'm more concerned about reactions to Bee Stings, Japanese Hornet Stings and, to a lesser extent, mosquito stings. All of which are important to my continued good physical health. "Likes", or lack thereof, could impact my mental health. Then again, who's counting?

Bob from L.A. !

Veteran Member
Camino Francis 2012, 2014, 2016. Camino Norte 2018. Many more to come in my future God willing !
Thanks.
I always wondered what that meant......

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances