• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Reading while on the Camino...Decision made

Dani7

Stop wishing, start doing.
Time of past OR future Camino
CF 2023 from Bayonne.
Camino Podiensis & CF 2026
Hello Everyone :) 👋 🙂

Thanks to all who took the time to respond to my original post: "Reading while on the Camino" and expressed their preferences and experiences. After careful contemplation and taking all this information into consideration...(insert drum roll here!!!)...I am going to read off my iPhone 8. Why?

Not so much a question of weight. I realized I already read quite a bit on my phone from news feeds, this forum etc. Plus...I would prefer not to leave a Kobo at the albergue when I go venture out in the afternoon/evenings, which means I would need to carry it in my lil daypack with me at all times. So instead.....I loaded my local library's app and I'll download something to read from their selection.

BUT....I will bring a paperback with me for the plane ride, as I have a lot of travel time before I get to Biarritz/Bayonne and then SJPdP and leave it for someone else to read.

Thanks again...🙏 for your guidance and ideas for good reads!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
BUT....I will bring a paperback with me for the plane ride, as I have a lot of travel time before I get to Biarritz/Bayonne and then SJPdP and leave it for someone else to read.

Yes! That’s what I do too. Then a few days before I fly home I start looking for another second hand paperback, so that I don’t have to buy an expensive one at the bookshop in the airport.

Thanks to all who took the time to respond to my original post: "Reading while on the Camino" and expressed their preferences and experiences. After careful contemplation and taking all this information into consideration...(insert drum roll here!!!)...I am going to read off my iPhone 8. Why?

Not so much a question of weight. I realized I already read quite a bit on my phone from news feeds, this forum etc. Plus...I would prefer not to leave a Kobo at the albergue when I go venture out in the afternoon/evenings, which means I would need to carry it in my lil daypack with me at all times. So instead.....I loaded my local library's app and I'll download something to read from their selection.

Hire me and I'll carry a library for you :D

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

My wife and I both read books on our iPhones on our most recent trek and it worked out well. We used the Kindle app. If you want a Camino book to read, you could try mine: Camino Sunrise, on Amazon.
Happy trails to you.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Glad it all worked out for you.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi! I'm traveling to Porto tomorrow and starting the Camino on the 19th, the problem is that I've just weighed my pack and it's 2 kilos more than it should be! Should I get rid of some stuff or...
My son has advised me to delete unnecessary apps, books, podcasts, downloaded videos etc from my iPhone. Saves up to 250gms. Great weight saving hack.
Hello all - thank you all so much for all of the guidance on what is not my only first camino but first hike over about 5 miles! I've headed a lot of advice about backpacks and trekking poles and...
While reading through one of the more recent water bottle vs. hydration bladder debates, I was reminded of something I came across a few weeks ago, bookmarked, and promptly forgot about until said...
With this device, you can pack everything you might want (including your fears) irrespective of weight.
Hi there! I was on the fence about poles bc I've never used them and as mentioned previously, brand new to hiking. But because I'm in treatment for breast cancer and as such have a decent amount...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.