• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Ready for the Camino :D

Melisa

Time of past OR future Camino
September (2015)
Hi to everyone !!!

the day after tomorrow (10th September) I'm going to arrive to BURGOS so on the 11th I'm going to START for the first time the Camino Frances :D !!! Can't wait !!

I just have some problem with the backpack because it's too heavy but I'm trying to figured it out ! :D
Do you have any advice???

Thanks !

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Buen Camino Melisa! I haven't done my camino yet, but have been collecting my gear and weighing. Ye gads, it adds up! If you dare post a complete list of what's in your pack, the experienced sages will cull it for you.....

wear 1 pair of pants, carry 1 pair
wear 1 short sleeve shirt, carry 1 short sleeve shirt
wear 1 pair of underwear, carry 2 pairs
wear 1 pair socks, carry 2 pair socks
1 light fleece type long sleeve shirt
1 lite weight rain jacket
1 light weight rain pants
1 boots
1 flip flop
1 hat
1 16oz or less down quilt
1 2 ltr water bladder
1 backpack which should weight less than 3 lbs

Most folks overpack. How close is your list.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
BTW, sept can get cold in some Albergues. Thats why I rx a down quilt. Something like the Enlightened Equipment Revelation quilt rated @ 50.

Buen Camino Melisa! I haven't done my camino yet, but have been collecting my gear and weighing. Ye gads, it adds up! If you dare post a complete list of what's in your pack, the experienced sages will cull it for you.....

my backpack it's 6.5 right now without the camera... I still it's too much but I'm think I'm bringing just the necesary ... like
2 shirts
1 sleeves shirt
1 long pants and 1 short
1 pile
1 rain jacket and 1 of that one big if rains a lot
1 long rain pants
1 sleep bag
1 pijama
1 super light sneakers
And toilets stuff like sun cream, normal cream (all small ) ecc

Oh and to burgos I'll traveling with leggings and t shirt of the pyjama :D

Like I said, I haven't been, but I'll pitch in here since you leave so soon.

I'm wondering if you need 2 rain items (1 rain jacket and 1 of that one big if rains a lot). Also, can you wear one shirt and the leggings as pyjamas?

Is your sleep bag like a sack or is it a sleeping bag? If a sleeping bag, how much does it weigh? I was going to bring a really small one, but it still weighed a kilogram. So I'm switching to a down quilt, if I bring anything other than a sleep sack.

Otherwise, it seems to me to be about the right amount.

Good luck and buen camino!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The weight might also be related to your body weight. I'm an ancient old man weighing 98 kgs. I try to keep my back-pack down to 7.5 kms excluding water, 'bum' bag and camera [which are on a separate belt].
I can provide a detailed list of contents if required, but being a girl, your requirements will be marginally different.
Just let us know if you need more info, but the advice you've been given is excellent :)

The weight might also be related to your body weight. I'm an ancient old man weighing 98 kgs. I try to keep my back-pack down to 7.5 kms excluding water, 'bum' bag and camera [which are on a separate belt].
I can provide a detailed list of contents if required, but being a girl, your requirements will be marginally different.
Just let us know if you need more info, but the advice you've been given is excellent :)

I'm actually weighting 54.5 kg. And this morning (I'm taking a fly from bologna) the backpack waS 7.5 kg :confused::D don't know anymore what else to leave.. think in Barca I'll leave my pijama... but that's all...

I'm actually weighting 54.5 kg. And this morning (I'm taking a fly from bologna) the backpack waS 7.5 kg :confused::D don't know anymore what else to leave.. think in Barca I'll leave my pijama... but that's all...
I think 7.5 kgm for your pack is fine, Melisa.
Don't worry about it at all.
Just have a good camino!
Blessings from Suffolk UK.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
I was reading somewhere that some of us are doing night walks. As a natural born night owl I would love to do such walk too. Of course I can choose stage by myself (CF). But was wondering if any...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back