• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Rebekah Scott interview in Church Times

Time of past OR future Camino
CF (2015), CP (2016), part of Vasco (2019)
What a surprise, and unexpected pleasure to see an interview with our own Rebekah Scott on the back page of the latest edition of the Church Times. It is an excellent (UK) publication offering first class book, art, media and music reviews, as well as informed comments on serious matters.

Here is a link (I hope) to the article and trust that I am not breaching any rules, as I do have a subscription to the paper.
https://www.churchtimes.co.uk/features/interviews

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Having read the article in the online edition it is my understanding that you can read four articles in the Church Times for free in one month but an invitation to subscribe accompanies the information. There is also an extract from Rebekah's A Furnace Full of God from June 2020.

Having read the article in the online edition it is my understanding that you can read four articles in the Church Times for free in one month but an invitation to subscribe accompanies the information. There is also an extract from Rebekah's A Furnace Full of God from June 2020.
I have read and enjoyed Rebekah's book, and highly recommend it. I have since passed my copy on to a forum friend. I often order camino inspired books from forum recommendations; I'm currently reading "The Crossway" by Guy Stagg at the recommendation of @Kanga.

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I had the real joy of meeting Rebekah and Paddy for the second time in Moratinos a few days ago. And also had the privilege of sharing in an online Compline service with Rebekah's international dispersed Benedictine community. A beautiful calm ending to a wild and windy and COLD!!! day on the meseta.

What a surprise, and unexpected pleasure to see an interview with our own Rebekah Scott on the back page of the latest edition of the Church Times. It is an excellent (UK) publication offering first class book, art, media and music reviews, as well as informed comments on serious matters.

Here is a link (I hope) to the article and trust that I am not breaching any rules, as I do have a subscription to the paper.
Thanks very much for this! Strange format-- like they edited out the questions-- but fantastic to read.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I do!...who'd think I am reading it even today.
I found it a superb description of an extraordinary journey. I first read it soon after publication and quite recently I listened to the audiobook version. As someone who has a long-standing interest in pilgrimage and whose own religious identity has moved over the years from very conventional Christian to something far more ambivalent I found there was much in Stagg's account that I could usefully reflect on.

I found it a superb description of an extraordinary journey. I first read it soon after publication and quite recently I listened to the audiobook version. As someone who has a long-standing interest in pilgrimage and whose own religious identity has moved over the years from very conventional Christian to something far more ambivalent I found there was much in Stagg's account that I could usefully reflect on.
I am 2/3rd's of the way through and he has just left Istanbul with the demonstrations and unrest going on there.
He is an excellent, descriptive writer as he shares his feelings, but also brings to life the people he meets and the places he stays along the way.
I often feel rather sad for him in the "lostness" he mostly feels so far on his journey. I do not personally relate to his struggle to find spiritual identity, but sympathize with his search to understand the faith he yearns to have. He uses the words "religious vagrant", which I found interesting and similar to an old friend who once called himself a "religious mongrel"...I see I've unintentionally gone a bit off-topic.

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Alas - one encounters the paywall

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I could read the interview without being a subscriber.
You have three choices …

- subscribe now
- sign in/register
- continue to article.

I pressed the latter option and the interview was free to read.

One question occurred to me …
At the end of the interview it says “Rebekah Scott OSB“.
I can‘t remember she is a member or nun of the Benedicts? 🤔

A question for @Rebekah Scott to answer I think. But as she was still married to Paddy a few days ago and he seemed in pretty good health I think we can rule out the latter idea... :)

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

This was a really good read from someone who helps pilgrims in many different ways. Thanks for giving the link and bringing it to our attention.

Thank you, SEB2! This is an excellent Q&A with Rebekah Scott. I've seen her post here occasionally, and now I feel like I've met her. It's an article I'll share with family and friends because it captures what captures me: "It’s a place where some people really consider the people around them, and find the caring and decency that got buried under all the noise of living. It’s good to be part of that."

You have three choices …

- subscribe now
- sign in/register
- continue to article.

In the Q&A, Rebekah writes this: "I’m a vowed member of the New Benedictine Community of the Holy Trinity: a dispersed New Monastic group with members in the US, the UK, Mexico, and Spain." Hence, the OSB.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
You have three choices …

- subscribe now
- sign in/register
- continue to article.

I am a Benedictine. I'm not a nun in the first-order sense. NBC is part of the New Monastic movement, which is re-defining how monastic life is lived in the wider world, as the old-order world of enclosed/celibate/conventual nuns and monks is slowly dying out. It's a fascinating phenomenon.

I LOVE anything about Rebekah, Paddy, and the Peaceable Kingdom! They are two of my favorite people.

Thanks for the article link. I saved it as a .pdf for future reference.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.