A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Recent blog with pictures of the VDLP

2020 Camino Guides

Hugh McMullan

I recently completed the VDLP from Seville to Santiago(June/July 2013) and have posted a blog of the journey called vdlp.liveblog.com. It gives some insight to just what a memorable experience this particular camino is so I hope everyone enjoys the comments and photos.
Hugh
www.vdlp.liveblog.com

Cejanus

Camino(s) past & future
CF SJDP - Santiago April "2013"; European Peace Walk"2015"; VIa de la Plata "2016"
I am enjoying your blog immensely. It is helping me to prepare myself for my second Camino starting in Seville in April 2014. Thanks for sharing. I need to get my grandchild off to school and then back home to enjoy more of your well written blog. Love the photographs.

Camino(s) past & future
cycled from Pamplona Sep 2015;Frances, walked from St Jean May/June 2017. Plans to walk Porto 2020
Hugh - having had an aborted attempt on the VLDP in May this year and having also read Ailsa's & Tony's books on their Camino struggles I can not believe the distances you managed. Surely it was not a life or death requirement to walk the 43 km day!! The above aside your descriptions will be useful when I return (fingers crossed) to walk from Salamanca to SDC next year. A very buen Camino.:rolleyes:

Harington

Camino(s) past & future
Vézelay/Francés 2011, Primitivo 2012, VdlP 2013, Via Domitia 2014, Inglés 2015, Francigena 2016
I recently completed the VDLP from Seville to Santiago(June/July 2013) and have posted a blog of the journey called vdlp.liveblog.com. It gives some insight to just what a memorable experience this particular camino is so I hope everyone enjoys the comments and photos.
Hugh
www.vdlp.liveblog.com
That's great, and I've enjoyed looking at the pictures and reliving it, but maybe go through it again and correct the spelling of place names (which lets it down a bit)? Come to think of it, correct all the spellings, maybe???

AZgirl

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2012 , via de la Plata 2014
Madrid/frances Sept/Oct 2017
Next : Levante Sept 2019
Thanks, I enjoyed it. Nice photos, seemed like you had grand time.

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 54 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 193 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 319 25.0%
  • June

Votes: 93 7.3%
  • July

Votes: 23 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 366 28.6%
  • October

Votes: 154 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 6 0.5%
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock