• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Recent Camino Photographs of the VDP

nalod

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2011, Finnesterre 2011,Le Puy to SJPDP 2011& 2012,Via de la Plata,Sambrasa 2012, Mozarabe 2013, Portugees 2013.PartNorde 2011, VDPL 2014,St-Guilhem 2014.Espalion-Roncesvalles 2014.Levante2015
Hello I have recently walked from Seville and on to Astorga and then to Santiago de Compostela. Thirty seven continuous days of very mixed weather. I started on February 2 2016 and finished on March 9 2016. I carry a full 35 mm camera with me all the time (nikon d8 plus "kit lens) 1.4 kg in a harness on my body.

I have spent the last few weeks since I came back going through my work and have now two special sections on my blog .

It may be useful for Camino forum members just to have a look at those sections. You can read loads of notes and posts which is important, but a collection of photographs will give you a "feel " for the routes and hopefully an enthusiasm to do them.

I really hope you enjoy. As this is a Via de la Plata section I will only post the the La Plata link, you will find a Frances link in the La Plata blog http://dermotdolan.blogspot.ie/2016/03/via-de-la-plata-february-1-to-february.html

I hope this post is OK, I have already had people asking me when I would have the photographs finishe so this is a useful way to let people know..

Regards Dermot (Nalod)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
A beautiful series of images, Dermot. Much more interesting than the usual snapshots most of us take. Thanks for sharing.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Impressive photos. It certainly makes you want to start the walk right now!

A beautiful series of images, Dermot. Much more interesting than the usual snapshots most of us take. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you glad you enjoyed them.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Great shots. I like the fact you captured the unique surroundings along the vdlp...

Thanks a lot, i'll walk the VDLP with my D600, as i did in all the caminos i've walked. Almost 2 Kg of body + 2 lenses (18-35 + 50 mm).

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thanks a lot, i'll walk the VDLP with my D600, as i did in all the caminos i've walked. Almost 2 Kg of body + 2 lenses (18-35 + 50 mm).
Chinasky that is a lot of weight, but the d600 will give lovely quality, I badly need to upgrade, but it is all down to finances. I use an elastic optec harness which takes all the weight off my neck, worth looking at. This is similar to the one I use http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FU2AMG/?tag=casaivar02-20

Regards Dermot (Nalod)

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I use an elastic optec harness which takes all the weight off my neck, worth looking at.
I bring my camera in a small toploader bag attached to the two shoulder straps of the backpack, the same that i use at the end of the walk to carry my documents, the credencial and all my important belongings. It takes the weight off my neck, too, and it protect the camera.
I've saved every cents for almost 2 years in order to buy it :)

Most read last week in this forum

I have been reading 2 different reports (on FB and instagram) about (an) agressive dog(s) just after Oseira. I'll post them here: In the group of @geraldkelly on FB (4 days ago): Hello lovely Via...
Hi all! Once again I am heading back to Spain; this time to walk much of the Sanabres with my son; starting in Rionegro del Puente after a few sightseeing days first in Salamanca and Zamora...
I’m at Almadén de la Plata at the moment, and my options for tomorrow are to go as far as El Real de la Jara (approx 14km) or continue on to Monesterio (approx 34km). 34 km is a bit far for day 4...
For anyone around Sevilla, next Saturday marks the end of the annual week long fiesta. I have just had a conversation, as I do weekly (to help her with English), with a friend who is from there...
One route looks a bit steeper, one a bit longer (not much). How else are they different? Recommendations?
After 13 days of walking I've finished my 337km walk on the Camino Sanabres, and my entire 1400km walk from Almería. Yay! If anyone's interested in a day-by-day report, you can find it on my...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back