• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Recent Experience of Albergues

crackmrmac

Veteran Member
Cercidilla. Youth hostel bed & breakfast €13 for over 26's :D

Segovia. I called at Convento de los pp Carmelitas, Alameda de la Fuencisca, which is located as you leave Segovia so it's perhaps 3 or 4km from entry point. When I called I was referred on to Zamarrala which is 1 km further on. Albergue is in vacant chapel on left on your way into Zamarrala. Continue on to get keys at house #10 on you left from senorita Socovvo 659 66 78 18. Also helpful in Bar~restaurant La Alcaldesa 921 4326 19; 921 43 66 39. N.B. No water or electricity in church although there are flashlamps hanging on left hand side wall. One bunk = two beds and perhaps 5 mattresses and blankets. Donativo. A second key allows access to toilets at other end of village. There are plans to commence work on a new albergue in the next couple of months.

Ane. The good news. There are 2bunks = 4beds in one room, shower with lots of hot water, toilet & wash basin. There is a much larger room to front which is currently being tiled. It has some bunks but covered with dust. Food in bar: albergue is free.

Nava de la Asuncion. Pasteleria Rosana is on route. Keys also kept at Bar LA JAVIERA, (Junto Al Cano) c/Ramon y Cajal, 4 Tel: 921 58 07 79. I don't know where this albergue is located and I was led to believe it was in poor condition; not sure if this meant temporary or permanent.

Coca: This albergue has sitting room and shower downstairs. Upstairs 4 rooms (6+4+4+2) and 2 matresses.

Villeguillo has a cooker, fridge, microwave and TV. 5 bunks = 10 beds. Go through Plaza Mayor and collect leys at #8. Helpful in Bar.

Alcazaren. Hostal el Puente is approximately 1 km before Alcazaren. €15.

There's an Albergue Nuevo!!!! I think it's opened since September 2009. Key available at first bar as you enter. Bar El Rubien. Don't know if they're available at Bar Pepin. Albergue has 4 bunks = 8 beds plus lockers, fridge and microwave. Lots of hot water and it's still free.

Puente Duero has BBQ area plus garden with herbs and salads for use.

Wamba. Arturo in Puente Duero reports sleeping on mattresses on floor. Ayuntamiento behind the church.

Castromonte. Sign on door for keys. Monday to Friday Alfredo 675 946 882; Sat, Sun & Holidays David Martin 635 440 521. Good kitchen.
I thought shop in village was disappointing but perhaps I was overtired. Food in bar was limited to eggs and pork.

Medina de Rioseca. Work continuing on albergue/extension to Monasterio de Santa Clara. Lovely white bath towel provided! Kitchen, sitting room and TV. €6.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thanks, crackmrmac, and buen camino, Caminando.

I'm starting on May 17, so just about a week behind caminando I feel like the one lagging behind, now that crackmrmac, alipilgrim, and caminando will have already blazed this trail for me.

And just a note -- I don't know what you're planning to do in Cercedilla, caminando, but I have found a place that is slightly closer in to town and cheaper than where alipilgrim stayed (her hostal was the Hostal Longinas Aribel, about 1 km from center, near RR station). This place, http://www.loscastanos.es/index.php offered a 20E pilgrim price (bed and breakfast) plus a 10E dinner was optional.

I did a reservation via email and they were very nice and accommodating.

Buen camino! Laurie

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
There's also a TV in Viallon de Campos.
So I had breakfast with hospitalero Pasquel from Barcelona and some commentary on world events.

crackmrmac said:
There's also a TV in Viallon de Campos.
So I had breakfast with hospitalero Pasquel from Barcelona and some commentary on world events.

Hi CMac, yes Pasqual was very chatty and very helpful. I think he was a bit bored with so few pilgs.

I've heard that Arturo will be away in May and his number one replacement will be Pasqual from Barcelona. If you are on the way , please greet your friendly hospitalero.

Buen Camino

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
This is a great albergue! I believe it's run by the Valladolid association and it's really top notch. I agree that these poor hospitaleros must get quite bored. I was the first in four or five days.

I forget the name of my hospitalero, in late May 2011. He was a pre-retired sound engineer from the RTVE (national radio station) -- does that ring a bell -- could that be either Pascual or Arturo?

When the hospitalero - pilgrim ratio is 1-1, you can be sure of a lot of personal attention. First, I was served lunch, totally made by my hospitalero, then across the street for a coffee (nice little hotel there). After siesta, he took me on the tour of the town, to a bar for some local ambiance, and the next day walked with me for the first 8 kms. But only after serving breakfast, of course.

The political discussion envlivened things a lot, it was all in all a great stop. (And Villalon's pillory isn't bad either -- rumored to have been built, I think, by someone connected to the baroque part of Burgos' cathedral -- or do I have that all wrong?).

Just another reason to walk the Camino de Madrid! Laurie

Buen camino, Laurie

I agree with you Laurie. The albergue in Villalon de campos is fantastic. I was the first pilgrim in 3 days :). The hospitaleros, from brazil by the way made me breakfast at 7 in the morning. Do not miss this albergue.
Another place not to be missed is Alcazaren. Nice albergue,small place and bar Rubien gave me the key and made me a 3 course dinner. Lovely people.

Roger

The name of the bar in Alcazaren is Bar Real, where I got the key and nice 3 course dinner, sorry

Roger

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Laurie, I think Pasqual worked in graphic arts but can't be certain. I first met this quiet, gentle man as hospitalero in Puente Duero. Later in the week I met him again as hospitalero in Viallon de Campos. Yes, he also invited me for evening menu del dia in hotel across the road. We had great craic....the evidence was on paper table-cloth!!! He has little English and I have less Spanish hence lots of pictures & scribbles.

Buen Camino

Thanks, crackmrmac, and buen camino, Caminando.

I'm starting on May 17, so just about a week behind caminando I feel like the one lagging behind, now that crackmrmac, alipilgrim, and caminando will have already blazed this trail for me.

And just a note -- I don't know what you're planning to do in Cercedilla, caminando, but I have found a place that is slightly closer in to town and cheaper than where alipilgrim stayed (her hostal was the Hostal Longinas Aribel, about 1 km from center, near RR station). This place, http://www.loscastanos.es/index.php offered a 20E pilgrim price (bed and breakfast) plus a 10E dinner was optional.

I did a reservation via email and they were very nice and accommodating.

Buen camino! Laurie

Laurie, did you stay here?
Was it easy to find?

Hi, Annie,
I had made a reservation, but cancelled it two days prior to arrival because I met two Spanish pilgrims in Manzanares and we were walking together. They wanted to stay in the albergue, so I went along with that. The albergue is quite nice, actually, though it has bad food.

Looking at the google map below, I was wrong to say in that earlier post that the Castanos is much closer to town. It's maybe a hundred meters closer to town If I remember correctly, this is actually in a primarily residential area. The Camino, I think, goes down the Paseo de Francisco Moruve and and then turns right and starts uphill at the Hostal Longinas Aribel. That road is the road that takes you to the albergue, it's about a km further up and the Camino continues up from there.

Hope this helps, Laurie

Screenshot 2014-04-14 11.46.19.png

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
p.s. Annie, would you tell me what price they offer pilgrims these days? I have been emailing with someone walking the Madrid and would like to suggest this place to him if it's within his budget. Thanks!

p.s. Annie, would you tell me what price they offer pilgrims these days? I have been emailing with someone walking the Madrid and would like to suggest this place to him if it's within his budget. Thanks!
Looking at their website now, the lowest price for a single room seems to be 50 euros......

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Do any of you have current prices for this list of Madrid Camino albergues and refugios?
I'm trying to work out my budget.
Thanks! :)

Most read last week in this forum

Hello I am in the planning phase of the Camino de Madrid. Hoping to start walking in late May. The Confraternity of James' guidebook in out of print and no longer available, so I have been basing...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back