Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Recent (not current) fires on the Invierno and Casimiro update

peregrina2000

Staff member
I am not a very adept facebook user and frankly go there only to see what Invierno, Olvidado, or Geira threads might pop up. Btw, there are lots of all three, so I think these caminos are on the move.

A recent Invierno pilgrim had a comment in his description of the stage from Quiroga to Salcedo (seems like Pacita is still closed and he just walked there from the road turnoff at Castronocelos) saying that much of the camino went through the area devastated by the fires. But I can’t find the post now to link to it.

Does anyone have more information about that? Scope, dates, location?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I am not a very adept facebook user and frankly go there only to see what Invierno, Olvidado, or Geira threads might pop up. Btw, there are lots of all three, so I think these caminos are on the move.

A recent Invierno pilgrim had a comment in his description of the stage from Quiroga to Salcedo (seems like Pacita is still closed and he just walked there from the road turnoff at Castronocelos) saying that much of the went through the area devastated by the fires. But I can’t find the post now to link to it.

Does anyone have more information about that? Scope, dates, location?

Found this...

Laurie,
This is heartbreaking. I will be walking through there in the next couple of weeks & will post update.
Also, received email from Jose Luis at Casa Pacita, they will remain closed until further notice due to illness in the family.
Aymarah

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
This is heartbreaking. I will be walking through there in the next couple of weeks & will post update.

And now for some good news — on a facebook page of some currently walking the Invierno:

Hemos hablado con Casimiro, 95 años, un tío genial.
(We have spoken with Casimiro, 95 years old, a great guy.

So, @Ell Cascayal, you can go say hi! When you are walking down close to the river, you will see a big house over on your left (you will turn right to get into the village). That’s his house. He will tell you stories for as long as you can stay. Hope you get to meet him.

And now for some good news — on a facebook page of some currently walking the Invierno:

Hemos hablado con Casimiro, 95 años, un tío genial.
(We have spoken with Casimiro, 95 years old, a great guy.

So, @Ell Cascayal, you can go say hi! When you are walking down close to the river, you will see a big house over on your left (you will turn right to get into the village). That’s his house. He will tell you stories for as long as you can stay. Hope you get to meet him.
I am really hoping to meet Casimiro and will say a big Hello from all of you. Laurie, thanks for the detailed note to his house. Is he before Montefurado? Aymarah

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I am really hoping to meet Casimiro and will say a big Hello from all of you. Laurie, thanks for the detailed note to his house. Is he before Montefurado? Aymarah
Here’s a picture of both the man and his house. Yes, it is a little before the actual village of Montefurado. He insisted that I tell people that they should feel free to go up and find him in his house if he is not out and about. He has a caregiver who lives with him and he refuses to move to whatever city his son/children live in.

D1915C8A-C9A0-46F1-87E9-057A74C99880.jpeg

Here’s a picture of both the man and his house. Yes, it is a little before the actual village of Montefurado. He insisted that I tell people that they should feel free to go up and find him in his house if he is not out and about. He has a caregiver who lives with him and he refuses to move to whatever city his son/children live in.

View attachment 111774
Bless him and thankful for the blessing that he is to all the Peregrin@s. These people of goodwill are the essence of the Camino. 🙏🙏

This facebook page has some pictures of the burned-out landscape between Monforte and Chantada.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I don’t know if this is permissible, so will someone please tell me if it’s not — I have saved some of the facebook photos and uploaded them here.

Attachments

• 371734D1-2AD8-4CBA-8BC4-E61FCF075590.jpeg
    371734D1-2AD8-4CBA-8BC4-E61FCF075590.jpeg
    74.9 KB · Views: 6
  • DC8918CE-F2C0-44C5-9F79-0CE76B00ECDB.jpeg
    DC8918CE-F2C0-44C5-9F79-0CE76B00ECDB.jpeg
    141.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 61CC7C44-428D-47A1-9671-B33E67C9E21E.jpeg
    61CC7C44-428D-47A1-9671-B33E67C9E21E.jpeg
    125.4 KB · Views: 6
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back