• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

recomandation how to continue from logurno

Adi Sheinmel

Time of past OR future Camino
planning do the camino in september-october 2015
Hi!
Me & my freind have only 8 days left now for walking in the camino. We wonder whether to continue walking from logurno to burgus and maybe a bit more, or to get to leon by bus and walk from there to saraya.
Any recomandations please? Another important detail - my friend is a bit hurt with her knee (pains...) and we will be after a few days of rest.
Thanks, Adi

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi!
Me & my freind have only 8 days left now for walking in the camino. We wonder whether to continue walking from logurno to burgus and maybe a bit more, or to get to leon by bus and walk from there to saraya.
Any recomandations please? Another important detail - my friend is a bit hurt with her knee (pains...) and we will be after a few days of rest.
Thanks, Adi
Huh, Adi,

first of all I guess you are talking about Logroño, Burgos & Sarria (Leon is spelled correctly though), but I don't quite understand your question. I mean if you have 8 days and you're in Logroño or whichever other stretch you're interested in just divide the distance with your daily average. For example if there's 100 kms from Sarria to Santiago count on 3-5 days. Very simple, because there's more than enough accommodation possibilities on Camino Frances and you shouldn't be worried.

Ultreia!

Hi Adi. It sounds like you want to avoid the Meseta by going directly to Leon. However, walking from Burgos towards Leon might be a good idea, as it's quite flat and be better for your friend's knee. If you don't get as far as Leon, Sahagun has good transport connections to Madrid etc.

Walking from Leon to Sarria is probably a more attractive section for most (but not all) people, but it has some big hills that might be difficult with an injured knee.

If you plan to come back later and finish your Camino in Santiago, you could start from Leon rather than Sarria to experience more than just that very busy section at the end.

Good luck whatever you choose! Buen Camino!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi
Thanks for the spelling... In my question i meant what part is more recomanded to do in terms of the days and conditions (logrono-burgos or leon-sarraia)?
Thanks!
Adi

Hi!
Thanks, Adi
Thanks

Hi!
Thanks, Adi
Hi Adi, wherever you decite to begin you will make te wright decision .
You two will have a great time, wish you both a Buen Camino, Peter.

I jumped a train (2-3hrs) from Burgos to Bilbao to check out the Guggenheim, and Bilbao of course. It was one of my better ideas.
Regds
Gerard

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back