• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Recommendations Burgos- Carrion

m2m4christ

Time of past OR future Camino
Spring 2023
I just wanted to make recommendations for lodging for the last few stages as we’ve had a remarkable experience.
In Burgos we booked through booking.com at Catedral Apartamentos Burgos Deluxe. Around $99 a night if you want an apartment. We are family traveling together. Wanted a kitchen and we were able to use Uber Eats.
Hornillos del Camino - Casa del Abuelo we had a wonderful private room. The town at this time in March had no restaurants or grocery store open. But our room was very comfortable. Beds very comfortable. The owner was very welcoming.
Castrojeriz- Hands down stay at A Cien Leguas
Run by a husband and wife team. Husband speaks English, Wife is a chef. Someone told me the restaurant was the best in town. People travel from other towns to eat there. They book up very early but it was a beautiful building with great rooms dorm room hot showers and excellent washing and drying facilities.
Fromista- Must Stay at Luz de Fromista! Please Book here privately owned by Gabriel and Anita. Gabriel is truly a Camino Angel. He is an artist and gives and loves people endlessly. If you stay here please show your gratitude he does everything! Cleans the rooms and beds does the laundry answers the phone and emails. Best to call to make a reservation or WhatsApp He speaks English. So making a reservation is super easy. Grocery store across the street the best pharmacy on the Camino down the street to offer salves and braces and blister care and an amazing restaurant a few hundred feet away. Amazing experience mind body and soul. Gabriel is an artist and literally asks you is you have aches and pains when you sit down so he can point you to the pharmacy for help if needed. Please take him a bar of chocolate or another treat to return his hospitality if you can. I forgot my earring which was not valuable but sentimental, I told him I would take a taxi back from Carrion de Los Condes and he said “ No that’s far to expensive.” He left a sign on his door for pilgrims to find a bed that he would check them in later and drove my earring to Carrion and met up with me to return my earring. He doesn’t like wine but does love chocolate and beer. I left him an espresso chocolate bar at the hostel before we left and someone took it before he could pick it up even though I wrote his name on it. Wouldn’t it be fun if everyone that read this post took him a bar of chocolate.
Tonight we are in Carrion De Los Condes across from the Santa Maria Iglesia the Albergue and church are closed so we are in Hostal Comfort Suites. Very modern clean convenient and comfortable. Reservations aren’t necessary this time of year and start at $49. If you are needing a change of pace it’s a nice treat but I know Hostal Espiritus is open.
Enjoy your Camino.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.