• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Recommendations for albergue in Santiago?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Any recommendations welcome.
Something that opens early would be great.
Thank you
Not a hostel but wonderful service nonetheless is Hotel Capital Galicia, just a couple blocks from the Bus Station and the Mall is just as close in anoth direction. Reuben and his Father are very accommodating hosts.

A month ago, I stayed just one night this time and they washed my clothes for me, all for 30 euro. They also helped with printing airline tickets and confirming flights. Love it every time I go.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
San Martin Pinario, I think, is the best but you may have to book ahead of time. Right next to the cathedral and nice facilities. Private rooms available too.

Depends when it is. It is (sadly) booked out at the moment.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Albergue Blanco. It is down the street from the Pilgrim Office - about a block and a bit. The layout is very private and the bunks have curtains. No laundry facilities, but there are some railings that you can hang your clothes on to dry on the patio. I believe it was 15 euro.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
The Last Stamp
Albergue Blanco

I second this nomination. Very close to the cathedral (I could see it out my window), a person at the desk 24 hours who will let you in and out and... Elevators! There is a washing machine and dryer and they will also store your stuff if you want to take a smaller bag to walk to Finisterre.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I stayed at seminario menor..I enjoyed my short stay. It was clean
We stayed there in 2016. Arrived before 11.00 we were able to book two single rooms on the top floor. Very inexpensive. As cleaning was still ongoing we were told to leave our rucksack in the lockers. Very reasonable, clean, shared bathrooms and a very useful shop and kitchen dining area in the basement.

Thank you
Hotel Oxford Suites about 50m from the Cathedral. We found a spotless room with 4 beds for our family of 4 on a special deal on booking.com.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Seminario Menor without question. Big. Inexpensive private rooms. Large communal eating area with plenty of food available.

Roots and boots and last stamp are great but it is best to pre book especially if you want to stay at the last stamp and next door has great churros

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thank you
Dear Joanne
I'm very pleased to see your post as I was just about to post the same question. I hope you get some replies
Maggie

San Martin Pinario, I think, is the best but you may have to book ahead of time. Right next to the cathedral and nice facilities. Private rooms available too.
I just stayed 2 nights at San Martin Pinerio--not long enough! Be sure to tell them you want a Pilgrim room--they have singles with their own baths and it looks like doubles as well. Great breakfast buffet is included in the 25 Euros.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

Has anybody recently volunteered at the Pilgrim office for the 15 day timeframe? Where did you stay in Santiago?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.