• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Recommendations for linking Le Puy to Del Norte

Risky

Member, Brisbane Australia.
Time of past OR future Camino
Chemin d'Arles / Frances 2023
Frances 2024/2025
Hi,

My wife and I are planning to walk Chemin Le Puy, in May 2017, and we are interested to know if there are any options to link up to the Camino Del Norte to SdC, rather than walk the Frances. If anyone has any information or has done this we'd appreciate your thoughts.

Regards :)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Or the Gr 10, or the GTC, which is the horse route running parallel, but lower down. Need to be able to read a map for either of them.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thanks for the information Jill and Barbara, I'll have a look to see what I have on my maps etc.

also, is there any potential to head north west from, say, Navarrenx to Saint Jean de Luz or Irun rather than go to Saint Jean Pied de Port and then head north?

Regards, Kenton

is there any potential to head north west from, say, Navarrenx to Saint Jean de Luz

You could veer off the GR65 just after Arthez-de-Béarn; walk or taxi to Orthez, and get the train to Bayonne / St Jean de Luz? Jill

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I've posted about this today at forum Camino Norte, and see now that I should give you the information here as well.
I have made a new video from GR10, from Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port to Hendaye / Irun.
This stretch of the Pyrenees is a great way to connect the route from Le Puy in France (GR65) and Camino del Norte in Spain. (My video from Camino del Norte has this name: Camino del Norte, Camino de Santiago in France and Spain, Part 6)

You find some comments on this forum here:
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...10-pyrenees-from-sjpdp-to-hendaye-irun.44885/

There are several good guidebooks in various languages for this route.

Hope this will help you.

Last edited:
Thanks Bjorgts

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
G'day,

Thanks to all for the advice.

I think we'll consider options as we get closer to SJPP with possibility to walk GR-10 from SJPP or walk from Saint Palais to Irun. We really like the potential to walk the GR-10 Pyrenees but perhaps "the way" will lead us to our choice.

In the interim we are reading our Miam Miam Dodo, training, practicing our French (& Spanish) and, as always, getting excited as our time gets closer :)

Most read last week in this forum

I am fine tuning my packing and I pre package my vitamins/supplements to take daily, which I have done for about 15 years. Do you all take them with you, or leave them home? 36 days of vitamins...
Dear fellow pilgrims! :) I hope to walk from Le Puy to Santiago later this year. I was thinking about starting at some point in august so that I manage to reach Santiago before it gets too cold...
Hey! Thinking about walking Le Puy this year. I am a solo female traveller. On my previous Camino (Spain) I stayed in municipal albergues, but this time I would like to try something...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back