• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Recommendations for SJPP hostels with good pilgrim atmosphere?

Geralbc

Time of past OR future Camino
Planning Camino Frances april/may 2014; Finisterre/Muxia may 2014
Sorry if this has been asked before, but since I'll be missing the Orisson camaradería (wont be open when i start), what woukd be a good hostel in SJPP to start interacting with fellow pilgrims?

I'm planning of spending a coupke of nights there before i start.
I'm doing my Camino alone starting last week of march.
Thank you

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Try to get to the pilgrims office early if you can, and get your credential and stamp, and then they can offer you a bed in the municipal albergue for €8 with breakfast included, there, you'll meet up with fellow pilgrims and you all can go out for your first pilgrims meal.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
If you go up to the search window and type "sjpdp places to stay", you will find all kinds of threads with great suggestions which might be perfect for you.

Very nice to read of your upcoming journey. May you have all the best.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Tim's place, Errecaldia in SJDPP is just lovely. Tim is renowned to be a really nice man who is a wealth of knowledge about the region. He is helpful and really kind. For me, he made the start to my journey just magical. Many others say the same thing. His place was recommended by someone on the forum. You can have a look here.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_...e_Country_Pyrenees_Atlantiques_Aquitaine.html

Esprit du Chemin. Fabulous.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
you are quite right Thomas, but is true of most albergues.

Esprit du chemin is the place but you didn't say when-they open only from 1 April if I remember correctly. Next best place on down the Camino? Casa Paderborn in Pamplona.

Agree with all about Esprit de Chemin. It was a great start for me and resulted in companions to set out with. Later on I spent 4 happy days walking with someone else I had met that night.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Agree with all about Esprit de Chemin. It was a great start for me and resulted in companions to set out with. Later on I spent 4 happy days walking with someone else I had met that night.

hi was there in 2010 may very nice but after a long days travel vegg type meal no way

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you! Hopefully espirit du Chemin will be open late march. Will check them out!
If not! I'll miss it too.. Orisson will be closed on my start day!
Anyway, i'm sure i'll have a wonderful camino.

Oh no!!! They only open March 29 :(
Will miss both the L'espirit du chemin and Orisson by starting March 26/27 :(

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
HI all, I will be starting my walk on March 31, taking the Valcarlos Route, and am having trouble getting in touch with the albergue in Valcarlos (tried email and what's app - no luck!). Does...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back