A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

recommendations of accommodation close to starting point in lisbon

0 Euro Camino Bank Note

flying kiwi

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances May/June 2017
Camino Portugues June/July 2019
Hi fellow peregrino's

I will be starting the PC in Lisbon in the beginning of June and am looking for recommendations of where to stay in lisbon close to the beginning of the way, so I can spend a night (or possibly two) before setting off on my way.

Any advice or recommendations would be appreciated.

Buen Camino

Maree.

GJB

Camino(s) past & future
CF from Sarria (2011)
CP from Lisbon (2018)
CF from St Jean Pied (2019)
Hi fellow peregrino's

I will be starting the PC in Lisbon in the beginning of June and am looking for recommendations of where to stay in lisbon close to the beginning of the way, so I can spend a night (or possibly two) before setting off on my way.

Buen Camino

Maree.
We stayed at Saudade Guest House end of July last year which was right near Lisbon Cathedral and an excellent place to start. A private room for 2 for 2 nights cost a total of 98 Euros. Friendly host, not luxurious but very comfortable.

peregrina2000

Staff member
I always recommend the Pensao da Prata, a family owned pensión that is very close to the cathedral (where the first arrow can be found). I just left Lisbon this morning and it is MOBBED with tourists, and there are tons and tons of new hotels, so if you don’t want a small pensión, just try booking and get something near the cathedral.

flying kiwi

Camino(s) past & future
We stayed at Saudade Guest House end of July last year which was right near Lisbon Cathedral and an excellent place to start. A private room for 2 for 2 nights cost a total of 98 Euros. Friendly host, not luxurious but very comfortable.
That's great thanks so much.

flying kiwi

Camino(s) past & future
I always recommend the Pensao da Prata, a family owned pensión that is very close to the cathedral (where the first arrow can be found). I just left Lisbon this morning and it is MOBBED with tourists, and there are tons and tons of new hotels, so if you don’t want a small pensión, just try booking and get something near the cathedral.
Great thanks for the heads up.

Pilger99

Camino(s) past & future
addicted since 1999 (Aragones, CF), lots of caminos in Spain and Portugal since then
Staying in the almost flat and touristic center is a very practical decision, at least for the first full day.
If your plane arrives at night, just walk to one of the hostels near the airport (1-2km).
I'd have been particularly happy to stay in the youth hostel near Moscavide station because I could't count on Alpriate, but it was full all time.

Walking only half day from Cathedral to Igreja dos Navegantes for the start was a good alternative, but I spend too much time (hours!!) in public transport to go back an forth from the city center.

John Ferguson

Camino(s) past & future
The French Way May/June (2015) Complete.
Completed Porto Way from Lisbon May(2017).
Hi fellow peregrino's

Buen Camino

Maree.
I stayed at the Sunrise Hostel, downtown Lisbon. About 2 K or so from trail head. Clean, reasonable. I did pre book that stay, but no other thru to Santiago.

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 6 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 43 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 165 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 265 24.4%