• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

recommendations of accommodation close to starting point in lisbon

flying kiwi

Time of past OR future Camino
CF May/Jun2017
CP Jun/July2019
CP&Fin Apr/May2023
Hi fellow peregrino's

I will be starting the PC in Lisbon in the beginning of June and am looking for recommendations of where to stay in lisbon close to the beginning of the way, so I can spend a night (or possibly two) before setting off on my way.

Any advice or recommendations would be appreciated.

Buen Camino

Maree.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi fellow peregrino's

I will be starting the PC in Lisbon in the beginning of June and am looking for recommendations of where to stay in lisbon close to the beginning of the way, so I can spend a night (or possibly two) before setting off on my way.

Buen Camino

Maree.

We stayed at Saudade Guest House end of July last year which was right near Lisbon Cathedral and an excellent place to start. A private room for 2 for 2 nights cost a total of 98 Euros. Friendly host, not luxurious but very comfortable.

I always recommend the Pensao da Prata, a family owned pensión that is very close to the cathedral (where the first arrow can be found). I just left Lisbon this morning and it is MOBBED with tourists, and there are tons and tons of new hotels, so if you don’t want a small pensión, just try booking and get something near the cathedral.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
We stayed at Saudade Guest House end of July last year which was right near Lisbon Cathedral and an excellent place to start. A private room for 2 for 2 nights cost a total of 98 Euros. Friendly host, not luxurious but very comfortable.
That's great thanks so much.

I always recommend the Pensao da Prata, a family owned pensión that is very close to the cathedral (where the first arrow can be found). I just left Lisbon this morning and it is MOBBED with tourists, and there are tons and tons of new hotels, so if you don’t want a small pensión, just try booking and get something near the cathedral.
Great thanks for the heads up.

Staying in the almost flat and touristic center is a very practical decision, at least for the first full day.
If your plane arrives at night, just walk to one of the hostels near the airport (1-2km).
I'd have been particularly happy to stay in the youth hostel near Moscavide station because I could't count on Alpriate, but it was full all time.

Walking only half day from Cathedral to Igreja dos Navegantes for the start was a good alternative, but I spend too much time (hours!!) in public transport to go back an forth from the city center.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi fellow peregrino's

Buen Camino

Maree.
I stayed at the Sunrise Hostel, downtown Lisbon. About 2 K or so from trail head. Clean, reasonable. I did pre book that stay, but no other thru to Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back