A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

See the full Camino Forum Store here with many more camino products.

Recommended accommodation in Palas de Rei?

Starlove

Camino(s) past & future
Planning June 2020.
I have all my accommodation from Sarria to Santiago booked except for Palas de Rei. Any suggestions?

Juspassinthrough

in our minds, we're vagabonds, you and I
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2017)
Camino Inglés 2019
Leon-Sarria, June (2019)
Camino Aragonés (2023?)
Albergue Jacque is very nice, Pilgrims Menu is from a buffet, clean rooms.

jsalt

Jill
Camino(s) past & future
Portugués, Francés, LePuy, Rota Vicentina, Norte, Madrid, C2C, Salvador, Primitivo, Aragonés, Inglés

thejoker

Camino(s) past & future
many
O Castelo is excellent. I have stayed there twice. It's clean, quiet, central, has a small kitchen and now it even has aircon. The lady looking after it is an absolute gem.

nathanael

Camino(s) past & future
Frances, Norte, Plata,
Camino(s) past & future
Frances x5, Portuguese VdlP12, Sanabres, Aragones, Norte,Salvador,Primitivo, VdlP 17,Madrid18Norte
I have all my accommodation from Sarria to Santiago booked except for Palas de Rei. Any suggestions?
Last October I stayed in Pension Barcelona,wonderful place ,just past the plaza. Even was given a basket of fruit and nibblies . So warm on a rainy day. Also Albergue San Marco is good although very modern.

Arlene Laskey

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances April-May 2018
Camino Portuguese ?2021? maybe
Strarlove, well you are all set. I have done11-12 so Caminos and never made reservations in advance I love the fact of throwing caution to the wind, where is the excitement of the Camino?
There is also a feeling of peace knowing you will have a place to sleep each night. It all depends on your Camino.

SCT

Camino(s) past & future
Porto to Santiago 2014
Camino Frances 2016, 2017
Astorga to SDC 2019
One of my favorite Camino hotels is Hotel Casa Benilde in Palas de Rei. The proprietors and all staff are incredibly kind and hospitable.

Starlove

Camino(s) past & future
Planning June 2020.
Strarlove, well you are all set. I have done11-12 so Caminos and never made reservations in advance I love the fact of throwing caution to the wind, where is the excitement of the Camino?
Maybe I'll try that next time, Nathanael. :p I haven't travelled overseas in 30 years and am a little anxious as this is my first Camino. I want to enjoy the walking itself.

GailGwyn

Camino(s) past & future
part Camino Frances (2013), Part Camino Norte (2014)Camino Frances (2019)Camino Portuguese (2020)

Silverbarista

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015
There is a small place about 8km west of Palas de Rei called "San Xulian" wonderful food, hospitality, small(12)mixed dorms(2). It was the one time we had trouble with accommodation or lack of. We had been walking in the rain and it was getting dark and no beds anywhere. Out of the gloom we found this little beauty. The lady even stuffed our boots(I still do this on occasion) with newspaper to dry them. Warm shower and awesome communal meal. Highly recommend. Buen Camino.

Tollymore

Camino(s) past & future
(CF June 2018)
I stayed here in mid July.

Clean, secure and friendly however it was fiesta season and there was a non stop heavy metal concert 10pm-5am in the adjacent square that night so not much sleep!

Mark McCarthy

Camino(s) past & future
CF 2014 2015
Lourdes 2 SdC 2016
Sarria 2 SdC April&Oct 2016 & (April 2018)
Camino Baztan June 2017
Both Castro and Zendoira are excellent. If you are self catering the kitchen at Zendoira is very good. If you are not self-catering then I would stick with Castro as it is on the Camino (Zendoira is a 0.5km detour). If you want private lodgings, then A Parada das Bestas is meant to be amazing (it is 8km away in Pidre but they will collect you from and return you to Palas de Rei).

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 55 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 196 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 325 24.8%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.3%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 29.0%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock