• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Recommended Accommodation Logrono to burgos

Gerard Carpenter

Time of past OR future Camino
will start first stage on French camino starting SJPP on May 8th 2018
Hi Just about to start Planning accommodation for My wife and I for Logrono to Burgos in May and would love to hear recommendations

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
We used these accommodations last June and found them all to be as good as expected - booked mainly on Booking.com NB Free cancellation. Hope it helps.Buen Camino.

1674566550721.jpeg

I’m not sure what type of accommodations you are looking for, but let me share my list of private double rooms from our 2019 Camino through this section of the Francés.

Logrono -Winedeful Hostal
Najera - Albergue Puerta de Najera
Santo Domingo - Molino de Florin
Belorado - Hostal.B
San Juan de Ortega - Hotel Rural La Henera
Burgos - HotelMeson del Cid

All were quite nice and we would stay at them again. As I remember, all of our reservations were made on Booking.com. Buen Camino!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thanks for you reply's a great reference start, On our first Camino in 2018 we used a mix of Dorms , some private double rooms and nice small hotels for a treat , will probably do same again , but you cant beat recommendations we booked directly then but Booking .com seems to be a big camino player now.

For preivate albergues, I stayed at Cuatro Cantones in Belorado and La Plazazuela Verde in Atapuerca, both of which were really nice and comfortable. The latter looks amazing too, an old cottage that's being renovated by hand, with wooden cubby hole bunks that are really spacious and have privacy curtains.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I’m not sure what type of accommodations you are looking for, but let me share my list of private double rooms from our 2019 Camino through this section of the Francés.

Logrono -Winedeful Hostal
Najera - Albergue Puerta de Najera
Santo Domingo - Molino de Florin
Belorado - Hostal.B
San Juan de Ortega - Hotel Rural La Henera
Burgos - HotelMeson del Cid

All were quite nice and we would stay at them again. As I remember, all of our reservations were made on Booking.com. Buen Camino!
If you are going to stay at Hotel Meson del Cid in Burgos, be sure to ask for a room with a view of the Cathedral. It may cost a few euros more, but it is worth it!

Nájera: Albergue Las Peñas very kind. No dinner but many possibilities in the town.
Grañón: Albergue parroquial San Juan Bautista. Do not miss this donativo built inside the church building. If you are not too many, the hospitalero will the bell tower for you. Also it is worth to go to the social bar to have a drink, very typical.
Villambistia: Albergue de peregrinos San Roque is a bar. Hosts are very kind.
Atapuerca: Hostel La Plazuela Verde is a nice building, but the village is very small. Try to arrive before 15h in order to find the bakery open...
Burgos: Albergue de peregrinos Casa del Cubo y de los Lerma is a huge albergue. Avoid it if you fear the crowd, but otherwise it is well located and nice.

Here is my list:
Logrono - Winederful
Navarreete - Albergue la Casa del Peregrino
Najera - Albergue Peurto de Najara
Santo Domingo - Casa del Santo
Viloria de Rioja - Refugio Acacio & Orietta
Espinosa - Casa Las Almas
San Juan Ortega - monastery
Cardenuela Riopico - Albergue Santa Fe
Burgos - Hostal Campus

The only ones I have stayed in before were Winederful and Casa del Santo. All the towns are new too, except for Burgos, Logrono, Vioria de Rioja and Santo Domingo

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thank you all for the picks , I will get things moving soon, again appreciate you all taking the time

I was laid up with tendinitis for three nights in Santo Domingo and can't speak highly enough of Molino de Florin. A nice room, very close to Cathedral and main plaza, fantastic breakfast and a very kind staff that got me a cab to the hospital (where I saw and orthopedist), and then when I was ready to move on by bus for one stage they drove me to the bus stop. I still remember it as one of my favorite non-albergue stops on the Frances.

I was laid up with tendinitis for three nights in Santo Domingo and can't speak highly enough of Molino de Florin. A nice room, very close to Cathedral and main plaza, fantastic breakfast and a very kind staff that got me a cab to the hospital (where I saw and orthopedist), and then when I was ready to move on by bus for one stage they drove me to the bus stop. I still remember it as one of my favorite non-albergue stops on the Frances.
Hi Holly

Thank you, what a wonderful memory

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
We used these accommodations last June and found them all to be as good as expected - booked mainly on Booking.com NB Free cancellation. Hope it helps.Buen Camino.

View attachment 140218
This gave me a really good list to start with! Do you happen to have your list for the remainder of the CF and if so would you be willing to post it?

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
HI all, I will be starting my walk on March 31, taking the Valcarlos Route, and am having trouble getting in touch with the albergue in Valcarlos (tried email and what's app - no luck!). Does...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.