A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Live - Camino Francés Recommended albergues in Sarria?

Camino Badges

Sho

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francés, 2019
There are a lot of albergues in Sarria. Are there clean, pleasant albergues you'd recommend? We spent last night in a damp, moldy, mildewy place on the way to Sarria and don't want to repeat that experience! Thanks.

Last edited:

MickMac

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2013
Frances 2016
Frances 2017
Frances 2018
Frances 2018
Ponferrada-Santiago
July 2019
Sho.
Albergue La Casona Sarria, good spot , right at start leaving Sarria. Check Booking.com have a look.

sugargypsy

Camino(s) past & future
First one planned for May 2019: Camino Francés
I stayed at the Obradoiro. at Rùa Major. It's 8 Euros a night, no breakfast, but there are lots of places nearby to get coffee & churros in the morning. Very friendly hospitalera, the dormitory ist nice and clean, fresh linens, each bed has it's own socket.

Across the street there's a small tienda and nearby there are some restaurants (Casa Manuel has some nice burgers plus some tasty vegetarian und vegan dishes).

When you start walking in the morning, you're right on the Camino.

Dorpie

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Santiago to Finisterre to Muxia 2013
Camino Frances May 2015, July 2017, October 2019
Hi @Sho

Two years ago I stayed at Albergue Casa Peltre situated at the bottom of the steps on the Rua Arrabaldo. It was a lovely little albergue in an old house with a nice garden area to relax in. I'd certainly recommend it.

Buen camino,

Rob.

Bala

Veteran member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances: SJPdP-Burgos, (2015); Burgos-Sarria (2018); Sarria-Santiago (2018).
Frances (2020)
Sho.
Albergue La Casona Sarria, good spot , right at start leaving Sarria. Check Booking.com have a look.
I second La Casona Sarria. I had to end my Camino due to injury, stayed two nights. And then restarted from La Casona when I returned. Wonderful hospitality, lovely albergue. Be sure to sign up for the communal breakfast!

Juspassinthrough

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, May-June (2017)
Ingles, June (2019
Leon-Sarria, June (2019)
Le Puy-Santiago (2023)
Not an Albergue but Aqua Rooms Sarria is very nice, centrally located and fairly priced. Up the steps across from Sta. Mariña de Sarria.

brambles

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Inca (2018)
Camino Frances (June/July 2019)
I've never stayed in Sarria. But if you go on a little farther to Barbadelo, there is Casa Barbadelo, which is very nice...it even has a swimming pool!
I agree that it is worth walking on to Barbadelo

Roland49

Camino(s) past & future
CF 2019 June/July/August
Casa Peltre was nice 10 days ago.
Good to reach, nicely situated on the Camino, near to supermercados and restaurants.

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 6 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 43 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 162 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 261 24.5%