• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • Hi Please note that the posts below are created automatically when a new Resource is created in the Camino Resource section. Users can only make replies to the topics below, not create new threads.

Buen Camino!
    Ivar

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Resource icon

Recommended Hotels - Camino Frances March 8, 2016

No permission to download

scn

scn submitted a new resource:

Recommended Hotels - Camino Frances - Hotels, Casa Rurals, Alberques w/ Private Room when you don't want to sleep in a bunk

We hiked the Camino Frances in May and October 2015 and are heading back in April 2016. We have stayed in a combination of bunk rooms and double rooms. I put together a spread sheet recommended lodging with rooms, based on our experiences and recommendations of other pilgrims. I am sharing it for anyone who is interested. If you have any additional positive recommendations for rooms, please let me known, along with your comments. Thank you!

Read more about this resource...

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thanks for this resource. Good to have some options with recommendations. We're celebrating our 10th Anniversary on the CF June 8 and I am sure we'll want at least a few nights together of "non bunk bed" sleeping where we can snuggle.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Greetings!

Thanks for taking the time to put together this resource for pilgrims! Would you mind including my casa rural in Samos on your spreadsheet?

Samos - Casa Licerio - casa rural - 40euros for a double room - and I'm sure all ratings would be a "5"! :)

Here is the posting I made under Camino Lodging - https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/resources/casa-licerio-a-casa-rural-in-samos.490/:

Greetings Fellow Piglrims!

After beginning my camino in SJPP in September 2013 and finishing in Muxia in October 2015 (over 3 separate stages) I decided I wanted to be a part of the Camino by offering accomodations to pilgrims on the Camino. You can read the rest of that story at http://www.everyonehasastory.world/blog/

As of June 1, 2016, I have taken over as the proprietor of Casa Licerio, a casa rural in Samos, Galicia, 129 km from Santiago and 15km before Sarria on the Camino Frances. Casa Licerio has capacity for 10 pilgrims in 4 private rooms with private bathrooms. The Pilgrims' room is available for pilgrims to relax, read and share stories.

Prices:
30€ for a single room
40€ for a double room
50€ for a triple room

Reservations may be made 2 days in advance.

Wifi and laundry services are available. I also offer a "welcome" tapas hour each evening at 5 as an opportunity to get to know fellow pilgrims and share our stories.

Samos is a stop not to be missed. The monastery, which has roots dating back to the 9th century, offers daily tours (every hour on the half hour starting at 9:30 until 6:30 - except 2:30) as well as a Pilgrim's Mass following a short Vesper Service in Gregorian Chant every evening at 7:30. And I might be biased, but the panaderia in Samos has the best chocolate croissants ("napolitanas") on the Camino! So, as you leave Triacastela, choose the road to the left. Casa Licerio is on the Camino as you walk away from the Monastery 400 meters, directly across from Garza Supermercado.

I look forward to welcoming you thru October 31, 2016 and, Lord willing, summer of 2017!

Contact Information:
Ashley Weaver
Casa Licerio
Avendia Compostela 44
27620 Samos, Lugo
WhatsApp: +1.970.471.3584
casalicerio@gmail.com
www.facebook.com/CasaLicerio
www.everyonehasastory.world
Twitter - @CasaLicerio
Instagram - @CasaLicerio

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.