• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Recommended lodging outskirts of Paris

SandyLeone

Time of past OR future Camino
Spring 2015
Making our way back to Paris after the The Northe we are looking for lodging for 1 night that is not in the hustle and bustle of Paris and that is also a quick transit ride in the morning to the CDG airport. We need to be at the airport at 08:00h.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Since you need to be at Paris/CdG at 08:00 search on Google using the combined 3 terms - hotels Paris CDG. Many choices will have Booking.com links. Several will offer direct/free transport to the airport.

Good luck and Bon voyage!

Making our way back to Paris after the The Northe we are looking for logging for 1 night that is not in the hustle and bustle of Paris and that is also a quick transit ride in the morning to the CDG airport. We need to be at the airport at 08:00h.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks

There are several hotels right in the airport, at the terminals. For such an early start I would definitely suggest one of these. We had an early flight and stayed at the Ibis CDG Airport. The airport hotels are more expensive than those further out, but often have specials, especially if you can book well ahead. Then you just walk or take the shuttle train between terminals to get to where you have to check in.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I really have to recommend the CitizenM Hotel at the CDG Paris Airport...it is the nicest and cleanest hotel that I have ever stayed in Europe...also if you book using their website you get a better price and a free drink at the bar...the things I like about it is a large lobby with free wifi and 10+ desktop computers for personal use so you also have a quiet place to wait for your airplane...very nice open bar with good breakfast and dinner buffet...the bed is built in wall-to-wall with pillows all around so it incredibly easy to sleep in...everything in the room is automated (lights, heat, air conditioning, etc) from a central keypad so if there are any problems you can call the front desk and they can correct the problem over the phone by computer...lastly this hotel get my vote for the best sexy hotel for a date that I have ever seen...and you can buy a bottle of wine at the bar take it to your room, the set the room lighting for ambiance, it is almost impossible to fall off the large built in bed, and free in room x-rated movies in French that don't really need translating...so I told my wife that she needs to be with me the next time I stay at this CtizenM Hotel.

Since you need to be at Paris/CdG at 08:00 search on Google using the combined 3 terms - hotels Paris CDG. Many choices will have Booking.com links. Several will offer direct/free transport to the airport.

Good luck and Bon voyage!
Thank you for your suggestion. I will check it out.

I really have to recommend the CitizenM Hotel at the CDG Paris Airport...it is the nicest and cleanest hotel that I have ever stayed in Europe...also if you book using their website you get a better price and a free drink at the bar...the things I like about it is a large lobby with free wifi and 10+ desktop computers for personal use so you also have a quiet place to wait for your airplane...very nice open bar with good breakfast and dinner buffet...the bed is built in wall-to-wall with pillows all around so it incredibly easy to sleep in...everything in the room is automated (lights, heat, air conditioning, etc) from a central keypad so if there are any problems you can call the front desk and they can correct the problem over the phone by computer...lastly this hotel get my vote for the best sexy hotel for a date that I have ever seen...and you can buy a bottle of wine at the bar take it to your room, the set the room lighting for ambiance, it is almost impossible to fall off the large built in bed, and free in room x-rated movies in French that don't really need translating...so I told my wife that she needs to be with me the next time I stay at this CtizenM Hotel.
Thank you for your suggestion. I will check out the CitizenM.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
There are several hotels right in the airport, at the terminals. For such an early start I would definitely suggest one of these. We had an early flight and stayed at the Ibis CDG Airport. The airport hotels are more expensive than those further out, but often have specials, especially if you can book well ahead. Then you just walk or take the shuttle train between terminals to get to where you have to check in.
Thanks, I'll check out the Ibis as you suggest.

Most read last week in this forum

Last May I walked the first part of the Norte in the opposite direction, from Santander to Irun. Since I only had two weeks and couldn't reach Santiago anyway, I wanted to swim against the tide...
Tomorrow I fly to Bilbao to start my 5th stint on the Camino. I did the Frances in three parts (2016, 2017 and 2022). Last year I did the Portuguese from Porto. I did the first 200 km of the...
I use Alltrails a lot here in the US, in Iceland, on the Via Podiensis and a bit on the CF. Will it be useful on the Norte? For example, people here say the "warm up" from Biarritz to Irun (or...
I thought I had this all figured out, but I have ended up with 2 train tickets from San Sebastian (I don't even know if it's the airport or the town) to Irun, instead of ONE that goes all the way...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.