• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

recommended place to stay in Pamplona

ofer ofer

Time of past OR future Camino
hi
i need please recommendations on place to stay in Pamplona.
is it better a place with dinner or eat at restaurant?
thank you

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I stayed at the Hotel Eslava - see it on booking.com - it is in a nice situation overlooking a square and if you are lucky you might get a room with a balcony and views to the mountains. The hosts are very helpful and will be able to suggest where to eat and the breakfast there is excellent. Clean, cheap and on the Camino.
Buen Camino!

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
We made a rest day in Pamplona. We stayed in a pension on that street with the million bars, above one of them. Wednesday night was great. Thursday is the end of the work week in Pamplona. The drunks were at it until 0500. At 0530 the watch went "beep beep" and we got out of bed to walk again...but it was still wonderful. And my messed up feet had appreciated a day of just strolling around, plus we found Caminoteca and got me a fleece sweater which was badly needed. So: where you should stay depends on what you need to do.

I like Hostal Aloha just south of the old section, easy access to the Camino, bus station, grocer, use of kitchen, includes breakfast. Great terrace to hang out on after hours!

Hotel Eslava gets my vote if you want an overnight in a quiet place in a perfect location. 1st Camino I stayed there and started from there. 2nd Camino I flew into Pamplona and taxi'd to SJPP in the same day and wish I would have stayed overnight and taxi'd the next day. This August I fly to Pamplona, staying again at Hotel Eslava, then taxi to SJPP the next day. Then it's albergues every night except Logrono, Burgos, Leon, and Santiago. I like to explore the cities and albergues have a curfew, so that is one reason I stay in hotels in the larger cities.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I stayed 2 nights at Pensión Catedral, opposite the Cathedral last September. Only reasonably new. I booked ahead by phone but you can book on line. Divided sections of 4 bunks each although there are various levels' of accomodation and prices are in accordance. Still, very cheap. Has self catering kitchen but I only ate breakfast there as there's lots of Tapas bars and restaurants. VERY friendly and helpful staff/ volunteers. Information of what to do, in lounge area.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
We stay at the church in Arre the oldest Albergue just you cross the river.

The albergue Santisma Trinidad de Arre has been a favorite of mine for many years. Here is their web. Relaxing in the small monastery garden is always a special treat.

If the OP is arriving and starting in Pamplona then 'Trinidad' is along way to trudge in the wrong direction?
Pamplona - Pension Escaray is very good value and walk to main Plaza del Castillo for the Menu at Cafe Iruna.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hey Margret , that garden is such a suprise - almost a secret garden?

That's right Renshaw! Their main albergue is in a converted structure at the back of the garden. The 4 Hermanos Maristas friars on site still grow some vegs in a still smaller secret garden along the river which they enter through a tiny garden door. ...Atmosphere, atmosphere!

I stayed Friday and Saturday nights at the Hotel Castillo de Javier. Perfect location for me, right in the middle of the oldtown on a tiny street packed with people bars and restaurants ,great fun. Cost 35 Euro per night. Room was clean and well equipped.

I second that !! DO NOT take breakfast option..... a mistake in my experience
The Jesus y Maria Albergue is very nice and centrally located (and inexpensive).

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
We stayed at Alojamiento Olga (also on booking.com) - it's on Av de Pío XII on the way out of the city (near the Camino as it leave Pamplona).

Staying there again this August

march 2015 I stayed in hotel yoldi was 75 euros but after 48 hours of no sleep from my flight and snoring pilgrims, I wanted my own space for the night to recover. The pilgrims menu was great, the staff was great, was able to get somethings for the road in their bar/café and to get back to the camino arrows not all that far

I am going to get over jet-lag in Pamplona at Hostal Arriazu. It is located in the heart of the town and rated well on trip advisor. I haven't stayed their before, so I am counting on the Trip Advisor ratings.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back