• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Record of arrivals at Santiago

flyswatty

Time of past OR future Camino
Walked in May 2012 - Burgos to Santiago; Planning to walk in May 2013 - SJPP to Burgos!
Hey there: I recently finished my walk which was terrific. I met so many people along the way and had hoped to run into them in Santiago. Unfortunately, I did not. I am wondering if there is a published record of those who arrived if I wished to track someone down. Many thanks, sonya

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I asked in the Pilgrim Office once, and they do not publish or open the records.

Yes, sorry the Pilgrim Office will not provide or publish information on individuals arriving at the office. Some more general information is collated and published for statistical purposes.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
flyswatty said:
Hey there: I recently finished my walk which was terrific. I met so many people along the way and had hoped to run into them in Santiago. Unfortunately, I did not. I am wondering if there is a published record of those who arrived if I wished to track someone down. Many thanks, sonya

Hola

This question comes up remarkably frequently as pilgrims try to find others they met on the way. As well as issues of privacy/data protection the fact is that the Pilgrims Office does not maintain a searchable electronic database of the names and details of those who arrive. Certain details are recorded on a database - gender, age, nationality, profession, starting point, route taken etc and these are compiled as the monthly and annual statistics which are published. Pilgrims' names which they write on the form are not entered onto the database.

Any search to find if a particular pilgrim has arrived in Santiago has to be done manually by going through every line on every form - trying to decipher everyone's handwriting! As you can imagine this is a major exercise and is only ever undertaken when people are reported missing - which is a rare event thankfully.

John

On one of our pilgrimages some years ago we were able to post a note to the Pilgrim Office with a message for friends who were due to arrive there. It was put up on a board and they were able to read it. This message board, if it still exists, would help pilgrims reunite in Santiago.
Laurie

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
What are your favorite restaurants, bars, hotels, inns, etc on the Camino Frances NOT in albergues please? Gracias.
Yes, pardon me. So I've just read this cool article about the closing of the Puerta del Perdón in the Monastery of Santo Toribio for the holy year (and it is a very beautiful peurta for sure). It...
We just returned home from watching our second total solar eclipse here in the U.S. in 7 years. Our next is in 20 years. We have become hooked on the magical, mystical, moving unique experience...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back