• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Record time for US passport renewal!

Vacajoe

Traded in my work boots for hiking ones
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances, Portuguese, Aragon, Norte, SJWayUK, Nive
Just wanted to share the amazingly great news that it only took 3 weeks for my wife and I to receive our USA passport renewals!!!! We paid for the expedited service, but we’re still shocked that they came in so early when the government said, “5-7 weeks”. Hurray!!! Camino here we come!!!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Funny, I was just talking about the U.S. passport renewal situation a few days ago - some family members are planning to meet me in Europe post-Camino and I told one of them it might be too late to renew their passport before late June/early July. Glad to hear it's possible! Buen Camino!

I sent off my renewal back in November 2020, and got my passport back in January. Not surprising considering the backlog that they had at the time.

I am surprised how quickly I got my new Global Entry card. I applied online for renewal on January 31st, and my card came in the mail on February 7th.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
My son had an appointment to apply for his US passport one day before departing. Don’t know what he paid for 24 hr service though.

My granddaughter got her renewal in 4 weeks. Did not pay to expedite. It was sent off a coupe days before Christmas and new one arrived Jan. 25. And there was several holidays in the time period.
I keep reading 12 weeks, but reports tell another story.

Just wanted to share the amazingly great news that it only took 3 weeks for my wife and I to receive our USA passport renewals!!!! We paid for the expedited service, but we’re still shocked that they came in so early when the government said, “5-7 weeks”. Hurray!!! Camino here we come!!!
Yours was good news for me. I have an application deadline of 18 Feb for an opportunity to host an Airbnb in Sicily.
Did you by chance sign up for their auto email status update notification service? Since you were surprised by its arrival, maybe not. If you did, were you notified it was on the way?

Did anyone else out there use the email status update service?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I signed up for all the alerts and even logged in to check its status every day….and yet it shows up at my house before anything online was updated!!! 🙄. Happy to get it so fast, but none of the “progress monitoring” features worked other than one alert when they first received it for processing.

Similar experience here too. I believe it was about 3 weeks for me too.

Mine US passport renewal was just 3 weeks too and that wasn't even expedited shipping.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Renewing your passport renewing our passport is extremely easy when you live 45 miles from Washington DC. We have never had the issue to expedite passport renewal but my son did.

I was super happy my passport renewal 17 days post office to my mail box! And I didn’t pay for expedited service😊

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Yeah! Planning to go to the Camino end of March and waiting for our daughter's passport renewal with expedited service. Great news! Hope! Thanks!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back