Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
Rent a house in Santiago (1 month minimum)
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).

Recycle on Norte Camino and they will plant a tree

lisaflora

Year of past OR future Camino
Wonderful eco-friendly program on Camino to help preserve the Camino in Asturias. Look for albergues with brightly colored tall boxes for recycling. Pick up an Ecoperegrino credential and yellow geocery bag, have it stamped at three locations participating in this program (it's a different stamp than what's used for compostela, round and the same everywhere). Then post on Instagram and they will plant a tree in Asturias. Repeat.

Attachments

• 20210714_185419.jpg
    20210714_185419.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 8
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
Rent a house in Santiago (1 month minimum)
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).

Bala

Veteran member
Camino Frances: SJPdP-Burgos, (2015); Burgos-Sarria (2018); Sarria-Santiago (2018).
Frances (2020)
Great idea. I hope it's successful and other municipalities join in.

Wonderful eco-friendly program on Camino to help preserve the Camino in Asturias. Look for albergues with brightly colored tall boxes for recycling. Pick up an Ecoperegrino credential and yellow geocery bag, have it stamped at three locations participating in this program (it's a different stamp than what's used for compostela, round and the same everywhere). Then post on Instagram and they will plant a tree in Asturias. Repeat.
Love the idea and as we are planning on doing the Norte again in , probably 2023, will remember and participate.

lt56ny

Veteran Member
CF(2012) Le Puy/CF (2015) Portugues (2017) Norte (2018) CF (2019) VDLP?
When I walked the Norte in 2018 there was definitely a push for recycling in many albergues with the bins you talk about. In many of the albergues there were the yellow grocery bags. I had two. One to pack my lunch and snacks and one for my garbage. I do not think they had the credential yet. Maybe I did not see any notice of one or was offered one in an albergue. You are on a wonderful camino.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads