• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

REFERENCE: Selection of good threads about the Camino Mozárabe

C clearly

Staff member
Time of past OR future Camino
Most years since 2012
This thread will be pinned to the top of the Camino Mozárabe forum. (Click on the Casa Ivar logo at the top of this page, to see the list of all forums, where all threads are listed in with newest ones first.)

Other ways to browse information include the following search links, which collect tagged threads exclusively in the Camino Mozárabe forum. They are updated in the future every time you use them.

From Almería, the main route goes through Granada, Córdoba and Mérida, where it joins the Vía de la Plata. Two other popular starting points are Málaga and Jaén, both of which join the main route in Baena (between Granada and Córdoba).
  • Click on Málaga for all threads that have "Málaga" in the title.
  • Click on Jaén for all threads that have "Jaén" in the title.
We really must mention the helpfulness of the Asociación Jacobea de Almeria-Granada Camino Mozárabe (a.k.a. Almería Asociación") particularly for the Almería to Granada section. Their Facebook and website has a frequently updated list of accommodations. They are very responsive to enquiries. If you don't use Facebook, you can email the Association at caminomozarabedealmeria@gmail.com .

There are other groups of volunteers for different regions, with their own websites and Facebook sites, including the Malaga Association here. So, it can get confusing!

Moderator picks - Including some detailed stage-by-stage planning threads.

Art and architecture - Not too many dedicated threads here in the Mozárabe forum, but this topic is covered in some of the Moderator Picks above, and also in the general thread about Best Islamic Architecture on the Camino.

Fiestas, holidays and markets - Including Easter

Hazards - Traffic, dogs, river crossing, steep slopes, etc.

Landmarks - Interpreting the word broadly!

LIVE from the Camino - Recent threads written by the pilgrims at the time of walking, so check the dates! (A few older "LIVE" threads don't appear here, but they may appear as Moderator Picks, above.)

Side trips and route variants - But also check the links above, for details on the Málaga and Jaén options.

You can see that some of those links don't have much material. You can help by starting new threads with a question or discussion of one of those topics. I can tag them as appropriate. Also, let me know if you find other threads that should be tagged so they will appear in these collections!

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thank you! I'm flying into Malaga on the 17 of October and my plan is to walk to Cordoba since I only have two weeks. I think it will be a Camino in solitude since it seems not many people are walking the Mozarabe from Malaga now. During Corona lock down I have been studying Spanish so I hope I'll be able to have a conversation with the Spanish people I met. I suspect that my Spanish is like a small childs language but hopefully the Spanish people will understand me.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

I've just completed the Camino Mozarabe from Almeria. My first Camino was the Camino Frances from SJPDP in October 2021. I don't have a trip report as such. I know people who trip on mushrooms...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back