• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Refgue Orisson

Urban Trekker

Happy Trails
Time of past OR future Camino
English Camino (2013)
Portuguese Camino (2014)
French Camino (2016)
Way of Saint Francis April 2017
I have bee trying for several weeks to contact Refuge Orisson via internet but to no avail. The address I have is www.refgue-orisson.com. I have tried GOOGLE, BING , and this forum but I keep getting a "can't connect, check your connection" message. Any suggestions. Buen Camino

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
I have bee trying for several weeks to contact Refuge Orisson via internet but to no avail. The address I have is www.refgue-orisson.com. I have tried GOOGLE, BING , and this forum but I keep getting a "can't connect, check your connection" message. Any suggestions. Buen Camino
You have a typing error in the address it should be http://www.refuge-orisson.com/ which does work as I just tried after correcting it. :)

I am having a hard time getting them to confirm a change in my reservation. I'm going to have my daughter, who is very fluent in Spanish, call them tomorrow. I had an April 14th reservation paid for, and need to change it to May 12th

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Orisson is located in France so I think a French (or Basque) call would be more helpful... I can call France for you if you want to PM me your info.
B

You have a typing error in the address it should be http://www.refuge-orisson.com/ which does work as I just tried after correcting it. :)
Got me to the same place I'm already getting but also lead to a email address and I'm trying that. Thanks
I am having a hard time getting them to confirm a change in my reservation. I'm going to have my daughter, who is very fluent in Spanish, call them tomorrow. I had an April 14th reservation paid for, and need to change it to May 12th
I found their email address and sent a request. I also read that they are french speaking. Buen Camino

Orisson is located in France so I think a French (or Basque) call would be more helpful... I can call France for you if you want to PM me your info.
Thank you so much. That is very kind of you. I'm just nervous about that first day. I will PM you
B[/

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Hi I have contacted them several times and was advised to call after 12pm, after that their English speaker comes to Work. They seem to only answer emails once week and send out payment request a short time before your travel date. Dealing with them can be difficult but always worth it in the end .
Oldman

I called them yesterday as I had received no response to my request for a reservation for Apr 23rd. I got a machine that instructed me to contact them by email and their website. So I wrote them again this morning (in French). I hope to hear a response. I am getting nervous. Should I be? I am considering making a reservation at the Beilari Auberge in SJPP.

HI this is the contact I have for Orisson but I would question if they are even open yet this early in the season. you might try the Mobile number also note the numbers are French

SARL APATHIA

Phone: 00 33 559491303

Mobile : 00 33 681497956

Email :
Sans-titre-3.jpg

The above contact came to me trough PayPal.
But as I said above they are hard to deal with, this only came to me on the 30th April 15 for a booking for the 14th May after I contacted them by phone to advise that I was leaving Ireland on the 1st of May and would not be back home to organise the payment for them, they sent the PayPal invoice the next day.

Oldman

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
They are closed over the winter, until sometime in March. If the Napoleon Pass is closed by the authorities, there is not much sense in remaining open.

However, in my experience, they do eventually answer their e-mail. Be persistent...and oh yeah...DO have the correct address. I believe others above have provided this.

I hope this helps.

you are correct I received my booking confirmation within a week my problem was trying to pay them the email answers were too slow and they were great when I got to talk to them the sent it next day, and said they only dealt with mails once a week.
The may not have a good internet connection on the mountain , or a great amount of time dealing with a full house during the working day.it is possible that office work is done on days off.
In any case Tom is right, Be persistent, its worth it when your sitting at dinner in a full house with the hope of meeting some of them in Santiago as I did, and if you are lucky get a great view .
Been there twice and saw nothing only cloud, rain, and snow ( April 13, May 15,). So that is good enough reason to go again only another month later.

Buen Camino.
Oldman.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
While the refuge is closed for the winter, reservations are open each year mid-November for the following year. There is no internet access at the refuge, for guests or staff, so the reservations are handled someplace else. The person who handles the bookings can communicate in English, no problem. The owner, Jean-Jacques, speaks French, Basque, and Spanish fluently. His wife, Carole, speaks French, English, and probably Basque fluently. Their staff speak all those - at least two languages each - and in season there is usually at least one person onsite who speaks English.

If you haven't heard back from them after one week, just send the request again. I have had the best success using the contact form on their website: http://www.refuge-orisson.com/en/

Once they confirm your place, be on the lookout for an email from SARL APATHIA - that's the one with the link for the PayPal invoice. If you don't see that email, try just signing into your PayPal account and the invoice should be there.

The stay will be totally worth the patience required to get the booking!

I booked 24 August a few months ago. It took about 10-14 days for the Paypal invoice to come in. I've photo copied payment in case they forget who we are?!
With 28 beds of new Pilgrims each night of summer, I don't doubt they get a bit behind schedule.
I liked their policy of requiring arrival by foot or bike - not that everyone can hike the mountains - but it gives space to the wary.

1 Question: Is there CELL Service there? Only 8k from SJPdP ....

Hi Urban trekker- correct e mail is :
Refuge.orison@wanadoo.fr. They replied to my e mail and I booked a spot. Although it took them a few days to reply. Buen Camino!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
After one week of waiting I also got the confirmation from Refuge Orisson. Now I feel at ease...I still have to wait for the paypal information, but at least the reservation is confirmed. :p

1 Question: Is there CELL Service there? Only 8k from SJPdP ....

Cayou, yes, there is cell phone service, but it is not very strong. Probably not sufficient for heavy data usage.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Or....you could just suck it up and walk through to Roncesvalles.
A. Thousand of unfit, old, overweight and overpacked folks do it every day in the busy months. They all make it somehow and enjoy a great sense of accomplishment. :cool::cool::cool::cool::):)

I used Google translate and wrote to them (email) in Basque. I explined I spoke English and hoped Google was being polite. I had a reply within a day. Paid via PayPal and was confirmed a day and a half later.

I used Google translate and wrote to them (email) in Basque. I explined I spoke English and hoped Google was being polite. I had a reply within a day. Paid via PayPal and was confirmed a day and a half later.
I had heard that if you used French you got a quick response I'll have to try Basque and french Thanks for the info.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back