• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Refuge Orison reservations

Kodro

Time of past OR future Camino
Future
If there are several nights I could choose from for a stay at Refuge Orison, should I put in separate requests for each option? What is the usual response time for confirmation of a. request?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Their website says they are open now, but a French-speaking friend called today and thereis a recording saying they are closed. I am hoping to stay there in May 2021 on my first camino :)

If there are several nights I could choose from for a stay at Refuge Orison, should I put in separate requests for each option? What is the usual response time for confirmation of a. request?
I would request online for your first preference, especially since far in advance.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Also as they are generally French speakers I would send the email request in both french and english (I used google chrome to do the translating). Given that your reservation is 9-10 months in advance they may suggest that you confirm your dates later in the year (say late October). Cheers

Also as they are generally French speakers I would send the email request in both french and english (I used google chrome to do the translating). Given that your reservation is 9-10 months in advance they may suggest that you confirm your dates later in the year (say late October). Cheers
Orisson has an online reservation system now. Last year when I emailed them they asked me to please use it. Also, the first two times I reserved I sent the email in English, and heard back from them within a week.

I would only send one request to them asking for a respond to which of your nights are available or not.

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thank you all so much. :) i used their website reservation form to request my first choice, then sent a message, also through the website, asking about my alternate dates - in French and English, as was suggested. Thanks again! now I'll just wait...

Thank you all so much. :) i used their website reservation form to request my first choice, then sent a message, also through the website, asking about my alternate dates - in French and English, as was suggested. Thanks again! now I'll just wait...
I did the same a few weeks ago and they came back within a couple of days with a link to pay through PayPal. My booking was for April 2021 so you should be fine 👍

Put in my reservation as well and got this email:

Your pre-order has been received. You will be prompted for payment for your order when your pre-order is released on at a future date. Your order details are shown below for your reference.

So... does that mean that on technicality my choice is "good" and they sort of have me and will let me know when to pay them (via PayPal I get that) in some future date (as @jdsssss states - hopefully in a couple of days?)

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
If you book through their website, you can make a reservation. I have made a reservation for 2021!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Got my confirmation last night with order number and details for requested dates May 2021 and instructions to pay via PayPal which I just promptly did!
Hence my first 'travel expense' (if you will - every purchase up to now was 'equipment' and clothing) puts me on the Path to The Way (bad pun of a sort I know) and God Willing, Prayers Up and Fingers X-ed - we 'poor Americans' will be allowed to enter EU by that time
WHOOOOOO!!!!! 🥳👍

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back